|Greg Kinnear Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1963|
Greg Kinnear is an American actor, producer, and television personality who burst into the spotlight after appearing on the television show Talk Soup (1991–1995) as the host. He has featured in several other TV programs including Rake (2014) and has starred in numerous films such as As Good as It Gets (1997), his role as Simon Bishop in it earning him a nomination for the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actor” in 1998. Greg has also performed in many plays like To Kill a Mockingbird (2020) in which he essayed the part of Atticus Finch. He is the recipient of a number of other accolades including the Chicago Film Critics Association Awards in 1996 for being the “Most Promising Actor”.
Gregory Buck Kinnear
Logansport, Indiana, United States
He went to the American Community Schools in Athens in Greece. Returning to the United States for higher education, he attended the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona, and graduated in 1985 acquiring a degree in Broadcast Journalism. While there, he had been a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.
Actor, Producer, Television Personality
- Father – Edward Kinnear (Career Diplomat)
- Mother – Suzanne (Buck)
- Siblings – James (Older Brother), Steven (Older Brother)
He is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Greg Kinnear has dated –
- Helen Labdon (1999-Present) – He married British former model Helen Labdon on May 1, 1999. They have 3 daughters named Lily Kathryn Kinnear (b. September 12, 2003), Audrey Mae Kinnear (b. June 13, 2006), and Katie Grace Kinnear (b. October 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, German, Scottish, Irish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Defined jawline
- Sharp nose
Greg Kinnear Favorite Things
- Characters That He Has Played – The more complicated ones as he has loved to delve into them, realizing that is what life is about, with the majority of people never being simple but having natural shortcomings
Source – Independent
Greg Kinnear Facts
- He was raised as a “Foreign Service brat” with his father working for the U.S. State Department, having moved around regularly, from Beirut to Athens.
- He has recalled that he was always explaining why his term papers were never on time and has surmised that is where he had got his training in acting.
- When Greg was at school in Athens, he had made up his mind that he would become a talk show host and had even launched his own high-school radio program called School Daze with Greg Kinnear. After earning his degree in broadcast journalism, he went to Hollywood where he had failed an audition to become an MTV VJ. He was chosen instead as a reporter for the channel, before fulfilling his initial dream by becoming the first anchor of the TV show Talk Soup.
- He has disclosed that to him a “film star” has sounded like someone who takes champagne jacuzzis, wears a boa, and has a pet monkey and in that respect, he cannot be called a movie star. All he has known is that he has performed in films.
- Greg has revealed that after his audition for As Good as It Gets at Jack Nicholson’s house, Nicholson had served him delicious spaghetti and meatballs.
Featured Image by Greg Kinnear Fans / Instagram