Brad Terrence Jordan
Scarface, Face Mob, Akshen
South Park, Houston, Texas, United States
Scarface went to the Woodson Middle School in Houston.
In 1984, he got admission at the Missouri City Junior High School. He remained there till 1986 and even played in their football team.
In late 1986, he attended the Willowridge High School. However, he dropped out shortly after.
Rapper, Music Producer, Author
- Father – His father was a musician.
- Mother – Oma Terry (Singer)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Rodney Wilson (Uncle)
His stepfather was a DJ.
His grandmother was a singer.
Scarface is represented by 6307 Agency.
Rap-a-Lot, Asylum Records, Def Jam Recordings, BMG Rights Management
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Scarface has dated –
- Karrine Steffans – In her autobiography, the former stripper and hip hop model, Karrine Steffans revealed that she had a steamy fling with Scarface. To add more details to the description of their affair, she went on to describe the size of his manhood.
- Chana Wiley – Scarface was going out with Chana Wiley by the start of 2000. While they were dating, she got pregnant and eventually gave birth to a son. Later, she filed a paternity lawsuit against him, in which along with settling on the paternity of her son, she asked for child support. In 2003, the judge ruled that Scarface was indeed the father of her child and asked him to pay her $3,500 a month for their son. In 2013, it was found that he hadn’t paid a single penny towards child support, which led to the court issuing an arrest warrant in his name. However, the authorities couldn’t nab him for more than two years as no one knew where he was. In October 2015, he was finally arrested by police after Wiley found that he was about to attend BET Hip Hop Awards. He was taken into custody just moments after he had accepted “I Am Hip Hop” award at the show. He was ordered to pay $482,190 to secure his release from the jail. The components of the payment included $402,500 in back child support with 12% interest that amounted to $48,300, $20,144 in lawyer’s fees and $11,246 she had to pay a private investigator to track him down.
- As per some sources, he had been embroiled in 4 other child support cases. He was even arrested in September 2010 for not having paid agreed amount in these cases.
Race / Ethnicity
French goatee beard
His body specifications like chest, waist and biceps measurements are unknown.
Scarface hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
He was raised as a Christian but in 2006 converted to Islam.
Best Known For
- Being a former member of the famous rap group, Geto Boys, who were popular for their controversial rap content. They were placed on the 10th spot in the list comprising of “25 Best Rap Groups of All-Time” by About.com.
- Having collaborated with popular and established rappers such as Nas, Master P, and Ice Cube.
In 1991, he released his debut solo album, Mr. Scarface Is Back.
With Scarface, the hip hop group, Geto Boys released their first studio album, Grip It! On That Other Level. Overall, it was group’s second album.
In 1996, Scarface made his first film appearance in a minor role in the crime drama, Original Gangstas.
First TV Show
In 1991, the rapper made his TV show debut in the music series, Yo! MTV Raps.
After he suffered a series of life threatening seizures in 2012, Scarface realized that it was the time to make a healthy change to his lifestyle. His life was threatened as he was suffering from high blood pressure, enlarged heart, congestive heart failure, kidney failure and borderline diabetic.
With healthy changes, he managed to lose about 100 pounds of weight. The key to this dramatic weight loss was portion control. He learned ‘how to eat to live’ instead of ‘living to eat’. He also made sure that he was following his exercise routine as well.
Scarface Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
- In 2012, The Source magazine had him on the 16th position in the list featuring Top 50 Lyricists of All Time.
- In 2000, he was made the president and coordinator of Def Jam South. He is responsible for discovering Ludacris and making him an established artist.
- He had a difficult childhood. His father passed away early and his mother didn’t want him. Also, he didn’t get along with his stepfather.
- As a kid, he was gifted a guitar and managed to master it. He still has a knack of surprising audiences at his shows by playing riffs from Pink Floyd, Nirvana, and Led Zeppelin.
- While studying at the Woodson Middle School, he was diagnosed with bipolar disease. He was eventually admitted to Houston International Hospital.
- In his teens, he was involved in drug distribution. He also indulged in drug abuse as well.
- He has struggled with depression and anxiety problems in the past.
- His bipolar condition and depression drove him to attempt suicide by cutting his wrists. In his youth, he also overdosed on drugs on several occasions.
- In April 2015, he released his autobiography Diary of a Madman, in which he talked about his personal demons and his ascent to fame.
- About.com included him on the 10th place in the list featuring 50 Greatest MCs of Our Time (1987-2007).
- Johnny Nash is Scarface’s cousin as claimed by Scarface himself.
- In his free time, he likes to indulge in a game of golf. In the late evenings, he likes to go for bowling.
- Visit his official website @ bradscarfacejordan.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Myspace, Google+, SoundCloud, and YouTube.