|DJ Afrojack Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1987|
DJ Afrojack is a Dutch DJ, record producer, and remixer. Over the years, he has worked on several tracks, albums, and mixtapes such as Forget the World, Lost & Found, Lost & Found 2, It’s a Matter Of…, Press Play, In Your Face, Quacky (with Sidney Samson), Take Over Control (ft. Eva Simons), Amanda, Sweat (Dub Remix) (with Snoop Dogg and David Guetta), Doing It Right, No Beef (with Steve Aoki ft. Miss Palmer), Turn Up the Speakers (with Martin Garrix), Gone (ft. Ty Dolla $ign), Another Life (with David Guetta ft. Ester Dean), Dirty Sexy Money (with David Guetta ft. Charli XCX and French Montana), No Tomorrow (ft. Belly, O.T. Genasis, and Ricky Breaker), and What Are We Waiting For? (with Ally Brooke). Also, he is the founder of the record label Wall Recordings as well as has served as the CEO of LDH Europe.
Nick Leonardus van de Wall
Afrojack, NLW, Kapuchon
After completing his school education, he got enrolled in a graphic design course. However, a year later he had dropped his studies to pursue his music career.
DJ, record producer, remixer
- Mother – Debbie van de Wall (Local Gym Owner)
Afrojack has been represented by –
- Montana ECI BV, Music Artist Management Company, The Netherlands
- Ace Agency
Electro house, progressive house, Dutch house, trap, Moombahton
Wall Recordings, Island Records, Def Jam Recordings, Spinnin’, Revealed, LDH, Armada Music
His net worth had been $60 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 8 in or 203.5 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Afrojack has dated –
- Amanda Balk – Afrojack started going out with Dutch model Amanda Balk in the past. His breakup from her in 2011 is well documented as Amanda, who was four months pregnant at the time of the breakup, gave interviews to leading Dutch tabloids about Afrojack abandoning her and their yet-to-be-born child. The same year, she gave birth to a daughter, Vegas. The equation between them seems to have toned down a bit as Afrojack often spends time with his daughter.
- Paris Hilton (2011-2012) – Afrojack hooked up with American socialite Paris Hilton in 2011. He even took her as his date at the 2012 Grammy Awards. Later, it was reported that he had moved into her mansion in Beverly Hills. However, this affair was fairly short-lived as he dumped her in May 2012 after dating her for about 6 months. The Dutch music star wasn’t ready to settle down yet.
- Lauren Meditz (2015-2016) – Afrojack reportedly got in a relationship with model Lauren Meditz in 2015. Afrojack decided to dump her in May 2016, which led to Lauren filing a lawsuit against him and demanding $25 million to settle the case. She had accused him of being aggressively controlling and forcing her to neglect her friends and family. She also accused him of forcing her to leave her job. In damages, she also demanded custody of their dog and a white Range Rover that Afrojack had gifted her in 2015.
- Elettra Lamborghini (2018-Present) – In September 2018, DJ Afrojack and luxury car company heiress, Elettra Lamborghini started dating each other. In December 2019, the couple publicly announced their engagement. In September 2020, they tied the knot in Lago di Garda, Italy.
Race / Ethnicity
Afrojack has Surinamese roots on his father’s side and is of Dutch descent on his mother’s side.
- Imposing height
- Trimmed goatee
15 (US) or 14 (UK) or 48 (EU)
Afrojack has a lucrative endorsement deal with –
- Nike (Sportswear Brand). As part of the deal, he has launched his own range of clothing and footwear with the brand.
- G-Star Raw (Clothing Brand)
Best Known For
- Being one of the best and most popular DJs
- Having collaborated with some of the best music artists such as Madonna, David Guetta, and Ne-Yo
Afrojack released his debut studio album Forget the World in May 2014. It reached #4 on Dutch Music Charts.
First TV Show
In 2011, Afrojack guest appeared in the crime series RTL Boulevard as himself.
Afrojack Favorite Things
- Color – Water
- Grooming Product – Soap
- Place – The Louvre in Paris
- Watch – Breguet La Musicale
- Fictional Character – James Bond
- Music Artist – Michael Jackson
- Shoes – Yeezy Red October shoes
- Artwork – Nighthawks by Edward Hopper
Source – Twitter.com, The Wall Street Journal
- Afrojack started playing piano at the age of 5 and by the age of 14, he was working as a DJ at the local clubs and pubs.
- During his early struggling days, he used to design websites for other musicians to earn some extra money.
- In 2011, the DJ magazine placed him on #7 on the list of “Top 100 DJs.” He was featured on this list for three consecutive years, which also included 2012 and 2013.
- He won the MTV Europe Music Award for “Best Dutch Act” in 2012.
- In 2012, he was given the European Border Breakers Award, which is given to the artist, who has achieved tremendous success in foreign countries along with his native nation.
- In 2013, Forbes magazine included Afrojack at #7 on the list of “Highest-Earning DJs in the World.”
- He has established his own record label, Wall Recordings. The label represents artists like Amil Smeets, Apster, D.O.D., KIIDA, and D-Wayne.
- Visit his official website @ afrojack.com.