|DJ Afrojack Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1987|
Nick van de Wall
After completing his school education, he got enrolled in a graphic design course. However, a year later he had dropped his studies to pursue his music career.
DJ, record producer, remixer
- Mother – Debbie van de Wall (Local Gym Owner)
Afrojack is represented by
- Montana ECI BV
- Ace Agency
Electro house, progressive house, Dutch house, trap, Moombahton
Wall Recordings, Island Records, Def Jam Recordings, Spinnin’, Revealed, LDH
6 ft 9 in or 206 cm
101 kg or 223 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Afrojack has dated –
- Amanda Balk – Afrojack started going out with Dutch model Amanda Balk in the past. His breakup from her in 2011 is well documented as Amanda, who was four months pregnant at the time of the breakup, gave interviews to leading Dutch tabloids about Afrojack abandoning her and their yet-to-be-born child. The same year, she gave birth to a daughter, Vegas. The equation between them seems to have toned down a bit as Afrojack often spends time with his daughter.
- Paris Hilton (2011-2012) – Afrojack hooked up with American socialite Paris Hilton in 2011. He even took her as his date at the 2012 Grammy Awards. Later, it was reported that he had moved into her mansion in Beverly Hills. However, this affair was fairly short-lived as he dumped her in May 2012 after dating her for about 6 months. The Dutch music star wasn’t ready to settle down yet.
- Lauren Meditz (2015-2016) – Afrojack reportedly got in a relationship with model Lauren Meditz in 2015. Afrojack decided to dump her in May 2016, which led to Lauren filing a lawsuit against him and demanding $25 million to settle the case. She had accused him of being aggressively controlling and forcing her to neglect her friends and family. She also accused him of forcing her to leave her job. In damages, she also demanded custody of their dog and a white Range Rover that Afrojack had gifted her in 2015.
- Elettra Lamborghini (2018-Present) – In September 2018, DJ Afrojack and luxury car company heiress, Elettra Lamborghini started dating each other. In December 2019, the couple publicly announced their engagement. In September 2020, they tied the knot in Lago di Garda, Italy.
Race / Ethnicity
Afrojack has Surinamese and Dutch ancestry.
- Imposing height
- Trimmed goatee
15 (US) or 48 (EU)
Afrojack has a lucrative endorsement deal with –
- Nike (Sportswear Brand). As part of the deal, he has launched his own range of clothing and footwear with the brand.
- G-Star Raw (Clothing Brand)
Best Known For
- Being one of the best and most popular DJs.
- Having collaborated with some of the best music artists such as Madonna, David Guetta, and Ne-Yo.
Afrojack released his debut studio album Forget the World in May 2014. It reached #4 on Dutch Music Charts.
First TV Show
In 2011, Afrojack guest appeared in the crime series RTL Boulevard as himself.
Afrojack Favorite Things
- Color – Water
- Grooming Product – Soap
- Place – The Louvre in Paris
- Watch – Breguet La Musicale
- Fictional Character – James Bond
- Music Artist – Michael Jackson
- Shoes – Yeezy Red October shoes
- Artwork – Nighthawks by Edward Hopper
Source – Twitter.com, The Wall Street Journal
- Afrojack started playing piano at the age of 5 and by the age of 14, he was working as a DJ at the local clubs and pubs.
- During his early struggling days, he used to design websites for other musicians to earn some extra money.
- In 2011, the DJ magazine placed him on #7 on the list of “Top 100 DJ’s.” He was featured on this list for three consecutive years, which also included 2012 and 2013.
- In 2013, Forbes magazine included Afrojack at #7 on the list of “Highest-Earning DJs in the World.”
- In 2012, he was given the European Border Breakers Award, which is given to the artist, who has achieved tremendous success in foreign countries along with his native nation.
- He has established his own record label, Wall Recordings. The label represents artists like Amil Smeets, Apster, D.O.D., KIIDA, and D-Wayne.
- Visit his official website @ afrojack.com.