|Suryakumar Yadav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1990|
|Spouse||Devisha Suryakumar Yadav|
Suryakumar Yadav is an Indian professional rising cricketer who is best known for his contribution to the Mumbai Indians of the Indian Premier League. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 350k followers on Instagram and more than 250k followers on Twitter.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
During his younger days, Suryakumar trained under the watchful eye of cricket coach HS Kamath. Later, he joined the Elf Vengsarkar Academy.
- Father – Ashok Kumar Yadav (Engineer)
- Mother – Swapna Yadav
- Siblings – He has a sister.
He is represented by Sharan of 100 MB.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Suryakumar has dated –
- Devisha Suryakumar Yadav
Race / Ethnicity
He has a tattoo sleeve on his right arm.
Suryakumar Yadav Favorite Things
- Gadget – Playstation
- Playstation Game – FIFA
Source – YouTube
Suryakumar Yadav Facts
- He was brought up in Mumbai in a middle-class family.
- Yadav developed a passion for cricket at a young age and would practice and play in the streets.
- He was 10 years old when his father spotted his son’s passion for cricket and enrolled him at a cricket camp that was located in the BARC colony in Chembur.
- During his teenage years, Yadav trained under the watchful eye of Dilip Vengsarkar at the Elf Vengsarkar Academy.
- Suryakumar played his debut first-class match at the 2010-11 Ranji Season for Mumbai. His first match was classified as a great feat for a beginner.
- He strongly believes in taking risks in order to achieve a better tomorrow.
- Yadav was named as part of the India C’s squad in October 2018, for the 2018–19 Deodhar Trophy.
- He signed his first contract with the Mumbai Indians for the 2012 season. However, he was not given much preference due to the presence of veteran players like Sachin Tendulkar, Kieron Pollard, and Rohit Sharma.
- Suryakumar was not selected for the Australia tour in 2020 in any format which made various cricket experts question the selectors. Just after this team announcement, Suryakumar scored 79 not out during the 2020 IPL match of Mumbai Indians (MI) against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), while playing for MI.
- Yadav has a dog named Pablo Shetty Yadav.
- Suryakumar scored his maiden T20I century for India against England on July 10, 2022, while chasing the target in the 3rd T20I of the series at Trent Bridge ground in Nottingham. Overall, he scored 117 runs off 55 balls.
- In September 2022, Suryakumar Yadav, after playing the first T20I match against South Africa held in Thiruvananthapuram, made a record of scoring the most T20I runs (more than 750) in a calendar year among the Indians. Apart from that, he also made a record of hitting the most number of sixes (more than 45) in a calendar year in T20Is.
- Towards the end of September 2022, he had reached his career-best T20I batters ranking of #2 in the world with 801 rating points. Pakistani cricketer Mohammad Rizwan was at #1 place. SKY was the only Indian at that time in the top 10 T20I batters ranking.
- On November 2, 2022, Yadav became the #1 batter in the world with 863 rating points. Virat Kohli had entered the 10th spot in that ICC list.
- In December 2022, SKY was nominated for the ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year award.
- On January 7, 2023, after India defeated Sri Lanka in the third T20I and won their series by 2-1, Suryakumar became the first non-opener to slam 3 T20I hundreds. Additionally, he slammed the most sixes by a non-opener Indian (9) in a T20I.
- On January 7, 2023, he smashed the fastest T20I hundred by a non-opener Indian. He took 45 balls to set the record against Sri Lanka while batting at #4. The previous record was made by KL Rahul while batting at #4 against West Indies in 2016 and he had taken 46 deliveries for setting the record.
- With 908 rating points, SKY had reached the #2 rank by mid-January 2023 in the All-Time T20I batting rankings as per ICC. Only Dawid Malan (with 915 rating points) was ahead of him.
- On January 23, 2023, SKY, along with Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, and team India’s support staff went to offer prayers at the Shree Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
- On February 9, 2023, SKY made his international Test debut as well while playing against Australia in Nagpur.
- As per the list released in March 2023, SKY was included in BCCI’s Grade B which was a 3-crore annual contract list for the 2022-2023 season.
- In March 2023, during India’s matches against Australia in India, he got out on the first ball of his innings, which is called a ‘golden duck’, in all the 3 matches. However, later former Australian captain Ricky Ponting backed him and said that SKY was the kind of player who could help India win the world cup.
- In April 2023, Suryakumar suffered an eye injury during a Mumbai Indians‘ IPL match against Delhi Capitals while attempting a catch from a shot hit by Axar Patel.
- In August 2023, he became the fastest Indian player to hit 100 sixes in T20I cricket. He took 49 innings for this achievement.
- In September 2023, he hit the fastest ODI fifty by an Indian against Australia.
- In September 2023, he also made the record of hitting the most sixes (4 sixes) in an over by an Indian against Australia in international cricket. It was Cameron Green‘s bowling.
- In October 2023, Suryakumar injured his right wrist after being hit by a ball during a training session.
Featured Image By Suryakumar Yadav / Instagram