|Ricky Ponting Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1974|
Ricky Ponting is an Australian cricket coach, commentator, and former international cricketer who had previously served as the captain of the Australian national team. Besides that, he is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world. Ponting’s career-high came after the year 2000 when he was also announced as the Cricketer of the decade. He has more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Ricky Thomas Ponting
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Ricky studied at Brooks High School. Later, he dropped out of school after grade 10.
Cricket Coach, Commentator, Former Cricketer
- Father – Graeme Ponting
- Mother – Lorraine Ponting
- Siblings – Drew Ponting (Younger Brother), Renee Ponting (Younger Sister)
- Others – Greg Campbell (Uncle) (Former Australian Cricketer)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ricky has dated –
- Rianna Cantar – The couple married in June 2002 but had been in a relationship for much longer. They have 3 children – 2 daughters named Emmy Charlotte Ponting (b. 2008) and Matisse Ellie Ponting (b. 2011), and a son named Fletcher William Ponting (b. September 24, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Oval face shape
- Short mohawk hairstyle
- Mostly maintains a clean shave
Ricky has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
Ricky Ponting Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination – Italy
- Film – The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Food – Japanese
Source – Republic TV, India Times
Ricky Ponting Facts
- His inclination towards sports was inherited from his parents who were sportspeople.
- As a child, Ricky would play cricket in their backyard for hours while he batted and his brother Drew bowled to him.
- It was his father and uncle Greg who introduced him to cricket.
- He was 11 years old when he played for the Mowbray Under–13s team in 1985–86.
- Ponting was in grade 8 when the company MNC, Kookaburra had signed a sponsorship contract with him.
- Growing up, he followed in his father steps and passionately played “Australian Rules Football”. Ricky was a huge supporter of the “North Melbourne Kangaroos”.
- In 1990, he began working at “Scotch Oakburn College” as a groundsman.
- His nickname ‘Punter,’ was born due to his love of poker.
- He got his first pay that was $20, as a member of the scoreboard crew at a few Sheffield Shield games.
- In 1999, Ponting received a 3 match suspension and got a black eye after having gotten into a fight outside a pub in Kings Cross, New South Wales.
- He once told the media that he had an alcohol problem and was working on keeping it under control.
- In June 2002, he underwent foot surgery to resolve a stress fracture that was first noticed in the 2001-02 VB Series.
- In 2013, Ponting was criticized by cricketer Michael Holding and Shane Warne for the revealing content about skipper Michael Clarke, which was written in his autobiography, “Ponting: At the Close of Play.”
- The car that Ponting drives the most is his Ferrari Enzo.
Feature Image By YellowMonkey / Blnguyen / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0