|Shreyas Iyer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 6, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shreyas Iyer is a rising Indian cricketer who besides being the captain of the Delhi Capitals for the IPL also, plays for the Indian national team for the “One Day Internationals” and “Twenty20 Internationals” formats. His dominating batting style has earned him quite the notability and with time he has amassed a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 400k followers on Facebook.
Shreyas Santosh Iyer
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shreyas studied at the Rāmniranjan Ānandilāl Podār College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai.
- Father – Santosh Iyer
- Mother – Rohini Iyer
- Siblings – Shrestha Iyer (Sister) (Dancer, Choreographer)
Shreyas is represented by IMG Reliance.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Shreyas is of Keralite and Mangalorean Tuluva heritage.
- Brushes his hair backward
- Tall and lean physique
- Sports a beard
Shreyas has appeared in commercials for various brands such as Manyavar.
Shreyas Iyer Favorite Things
- Captain – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Knock – 93 of 40 balls against the Kolkata Knight Riders
- Food – Seafood
- Kind Of Nuts – Nutty Gritties
- Song To Dance To – Dilemma (2009) by Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland
- Country He Visited – Turkey
Source – TheCricketLounge.com, Instagram
Shreyas Iyer Facts
- He was raised in Mumbai.
- His ancestors belonged to Thrissur, Kerala.
- Shreyas was 12 years old when he was discovered while playing at the Shivaji Park Gymkhana by Pravin Amre and he trained him as well during his initial days.
- His friends and teammates used to compare him to legendary cricketerVirender Sehwag.
- He is a big fan of fast cars and sushi. Iyer also enjoys watching movies in his free time.
- In college, Shreyas won many trophies for the college team.
- Cricket writer Aayush Puthran, directed a short film titled Shreyas Iyer Documentary – A Father’s Dream.
- In 2014, Iyer scored a team-high of 171 runs while playing for the “Trent Bridge Cricket Team”.
- He made his “List A” cricket debut in November 2014, during the “2014–15 Vijay Hazare Trophy.”
- Iyer signed with the “Delhi Daredevils” in February 2015 for an estimated INR 2.6 crores. This made him the highest-earning uncapped player for the IPL tournament.
- He was given the IPL Emerging Player award in 2017.
- In April 2018, Shreyas replaced former cricketer and now politician Gautam Gambhir. This also made him the youngest captain to pilot the Delhi Daredevils at that time. He was 23 years and 142 days old.
- A hidden talent of his is that he is very good with hand tricks. In an interview with Zoom, he stated that he learned his tricks from YouTube.
- In October 2019, Iyer was chosen by CEAT for a bat endorsement deal.
- Growing up, Shreyas indulged in a lot of soccer and also stated that if he weren’t playing cricket, soccer would have been his game.
- In October 2019, he signed with IMG Reliance.
- Shreyas is a right-handed batsman and right-arm leg-spin bowler.
- He adores dogs.
- Iyer is an amazing dancer.
- After a right shoulder dislocation injury during the India-England ODI series, Shreyas had to skip the entire 2021 season of IPL. Despite that, he still received the entire 7 crore salary from his team Delhi Capitals. This is because of BCCI’s Player Insurance policy according to which if a player (who is a centrally contracted player) suffered some accident/injury while on national duty, he would receive full compensation.
Featured Image By Shreyas Iyer / Instagram