|Kuldeep Yadav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kuldeep Yadav is an Indian cricketer who is best known for his rare left-arm unorthodox spin bowling. He is also the first to represent India and the 3rd to take 4 wickets on his debut Test format match. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Facebook, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Father – Ram Singh Yadav (Businessman)
- Mother – Usha Yadav
- Siblings – Anita Yadav (Older Sister), Anushka Singh Yadav (Younger Sister). He has 1 other older sister.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Sports a thin mustache
- Round face shape
Through his social media, Kuldeep has endorsed or promoted various brands such as Adidas, Daniel Wellington, and Gillette.
Kuldeep Yadav Favorite Things
- Advice From Mahendra Singh Dhoni – “You’ve got more time than the batsman so, think clearly”.
- Singer – Kishore Kumar
- Shahrukh Khan Film – Pardes (1997)
Source – ESPNcricinfo
Kuldeep Yadav Facts
- His hometown is Chandar Nagar, Kanpur.
- Kuldeep had aspired to become a professional cricketer from an early age. However, he began playing when he was 11 years old.
- Yadav was so obsessed with bowling that, he would do the same in his sleep.
- He once stated that if he did not become a cricketer, he would commit suicide. Yadav was 13 years old at the time.
- His father Ram ran a brick kiln business. It was him who encouraged Kuldeep to continue playing the sport and also introduced to him cricket coach Kapil Pandey.
- He is a huge fan of cricketer Wasim Akram and also admires cricketer Zaheer Khan.
- Initially, Kuldeep had wanted to be a left-arm seamer. However, his coach insisted that he become a wrist-spin bowler after noticing his natural ability to turn and twist the ball.
- Kuldeep perfected his style through the bowling footages of Australian cricketer Shane Warne.
- In the past, Kuldeep was declined by Uttar Pradesh’s under-15 team which sent him into partial depression.
- He was a member of the “Mumbai Indians” in 2012 but did not get a chance to play even a single game.
- In 2014, he became the first Indian cricketer to take a hat-trick in the U-19 World Cup.
- During the 2018 IPL auction, the Kolkata Knight Riders bought him for an astounding INR 5.8 crore.
- He is the 3rd ever bowler to take a hat-trick in an ODI. He achieved this feat in September 2017.
- In 2019, Kuldeep was left in tears in the match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore after cricketer Moeen Ali smashed 3 sixes and 2 fours in his last over.
- He practices bowling for 2 to 3 hours a day.
- His style of bowling is referred to as Chinaman bowling and he is the first that the Indian national team has in 82 years.
- If he had not been a cricketer, he would have aspired to become a pilot.
- He loves to watch The Shawshank Redemption (1994) over and over again.
- When asked who he wanted to date, he named actress Jacqueline Fernandez.
- On May 15, 2021, he got the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. However, he was accused of getting the vaccination at the Kanpur Nagar Nigam guest house. Later, as per the report submitted by Kanpur District Magistrate, it was proved that he had actually taken the vaccine at Jogeshwar Hospital in Govind Nagar, Kanpur.
- In December 2022, Kuldeep recorded his best bowling figures in a Test match which were 36-9-113-8. He recorded these figures against Bangladesh.
- On January 23, 2023, Kuldeep along with Suryakumar Yadav, Washington Sundar, and team India’s support staff went to the Shree Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh to pray for the speedy recovery of Rishabh Pant.
- As per the list released in March 2023, Kuldeep was included in BCCI’s 1-crore annual contract list for the 2022-2023 season.
- In August 2023, Kuldeep became the fastest Indian bowler to take 50 wickets in T20I cricket. He took 30 matches to achieve this feat.
Featured Image By Kuldeep Yadav / Instagram