|Virat Kohli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1988|
Virat Kohli is an Indian cricketer who has also served as the 32nd captain of the India national team and was also a part of the team that won the 2011 World Cup. Regarded as one of the finest batsmen in the world, he was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2013, the Padma Shri in 2017, and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2018. Moreover, he was ranked at number #66 on the “Top 100 Highest-Paid Athletes in the World” list issued by Forbes for the year 2020.
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kohli attended Vishal Bharti till the 8th standard and later enrolled himself at Savier Convent School in Delhi to complete his schooling.
Cricketer (Right-handed batsman)
- Father – Prem Kohli (Criminal Lawyer) (Died in December 2006)
- Mother – Saroj Kohli
- Siblings – Vikash Kohli (Older Brother), Bhavna (Older Sister)
Virat’s work is managed by Vaibhav (via Twitter).
He is signed with Cornerstone Sport for his endorsement deals.
Batsman (and part-time bowler)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
69 kg or 152 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Virat Kohli has dated –
- Izabelle Leite – She is a Brazilian model and actress, who dated Kohli in the past. Read more about their relationship here.
- Anushka Sharma (2013-Present) – He started dating Bollywood actress, Anushka Sharma in 2013. They both met for the first time while shooting for a television commercial. In January 2016, there were some breakup rumors. Virushka, as the couple is fondly called, married on December 11, 2017, in Florence, Italy. They announced on August 27, 2020, that they were pregnant with their first child.
Race / Ethnicity
- Loses temper easily as seen on cricket grounds.
Virat’s body specifications may be (it is just an approximation) –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
His shoe size is not known.
Kohli has numerous endorsement deals with companies like –
- 3C Company (a real estate player)
- Fair & Lovely
- TVS Motors
- Fastrack (from Titan)
- Punjab National Bank
- Royal Challenge (from United Spirits)
- Fair and Lovely
- Flying Machine
- American Tourister
- Red Chief Shoes
- Toyota Motors
- Celkon Mobiles
- Cinthol (from Godrej)
- Munch (from Nestle)
- Sangam Suitings
Best Known For
Playing cricket and becoming the world’s no. 1 batsman after the end of the India-Australia series in November 2013.
On August 18, 2008, Virat made his One Day International debut in Dambulla playing against Sri Lanka. He made 12 runs in that match out of 22 balls by playing at number 2. Have a look at the scorecard.
On June 12, 2010, Kohli made his T20 International debut playing against Zimbabwe in Harare. Virat made 26 runs (not out) from 21 balls. Have a look at the complete scorecard.
First Test Match
His first test match was against West Indies at Kingston from Jun 20-23, 2011. He made 4 runs out of 10 balls in the match. India was able to win the match by 63 runs. Again, you can have a look at the complete scorecard and other statistics.
Virat maintains his fitness by visiting a nearby gym for five times a week. He does a combination of cardio and weight training.
Virat Kohli Favorite Things
- Friends In IPL Team Royal Challengers Bangalore – Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers
- Restaurants – Megu at the Leela (Delhi), TK’s at the Hyatt (Delhi), Khan Chacha’s rolls (Delhi), Royal China (Mumbai), Shiro (Mumbai), Brick Lane (Bangalore)
- Adventure Sport – Rafting
- Holiday Destination – Barcelona, Paris
- Movie – Rocky 4 (1985)
Source – HindustanTimes.com
Virat Kohli Facts
- Virat was ICC’s ODI Player of the Year in 2012.
- After the India-Australia ODI series of 7 matches, Virat became world’s 1st ranked batsman for the first time.
- Besides cricket, he likes to play video games, plays soccer and is a car lover too.
- Virat is the only player in the world with the most centuries in 2012.
- While playing for Delhi team, Virat made 90 runs in Ranji Trophy match against Karnataka on the day of his father’s death.
- He led the Indian under 19 cricket team in the U/19 Cricket World Cup as captain in 2008 held in Malaysia. This team finally won this world cup.
- He is a member of the IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore since 2008. He was made the captain of this IPL team in 2013 (or in the sixth season).
- He has a number of tattoos on his body and his favorite one is that of a Samurai Warrior.
- He wants to have his eyes insured as he believes these are his assets.
- Karishma Kapoor was his first celebrity crush.
- ESPN has named him as one of the world’s most famous athletes.
- As an initiative to promote the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM), he cleaned the Eden Gardens on Gandhi Jayanti of 2016 alongside Anurag Sharma and the Indian team.
- After Suresh Raina, he became the 2nd player to reach 5000 IPL runs on March 28, 2019.
- Connect with him on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.