|Rahul Dravid Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1973|
Rahul Dravid is a well distinguished former Indian cricketer who has previously served as the captain of the Indian national cricket team. As of 2019, he served as the director of the Cricket Operations at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru. During his cricket stint, Dravid was considered to be one of the greatest batsmen of all time. Rahul has amassed a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Facebook.
Rahul Sharad Dravid
The Wall, Mr. Dependable, Jammy, The Great Wall
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
He attended St. Joseph’s Boys High School, Bangalore before earning a bachelor’s degree in commerce from St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore.
Later, he pursued a degree in Master’s in Business Administration at the St Joseph’s College of Business Administration.
- Father – Sharad Dravid (Industrial Employee)
- Mother – Pushpa Dravid (Professor Of Architecture)
- Siblings – Vijay Dravid (Younger Brother)
Rahul is represented by Arjun Dev Nagendra.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rahul’s name has been linked with –
- Vijeta Pendharkar (2003-Present) – Rahul married surgeon Vijeta Pendharkar on May 4, 2003. The couple has 2 children, both of whom are boys, Samit Dravid (b. 2005) and Anvay Dravid (b. 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Marathi Deshastha Brahmin heritage.
Due to his age, Rahul’s hair is turning into salt & pepper color.
- Sports a clean shave
- His nose is slightly tilted to the right.
Rahul has appeared in commercials for various brands including –
- Karnataka Tourism
- Max Life
- Bank of Baroda
- Skyline Construction
- World Trade Center Noida
Rahul Dravid Favorite Things
- Food – Butter Crab
Source – Daily Hunt
Rahul Dravid Facts
- He was brought up in Bangalore.
- Dravid found his passion for cricket when he was 12 years old.
- Rahul’s mother Pushpa has worked at the University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering as a professor of Architecture.
- His nickname “Jammy” came from his father’s association with a company that made jams.
- Rahul was still in college pursuing an MBA when he was named as part of the Indian national team.
- Dravid is multilingual and can fluently speak Marathi, Kannada, English, and Hindi.
- In 2004, he was awarded a “Padma Shri” and later in 2013, he was a recipient of the “Padma Bhushan”.
- He was the first cricketer to be presented with the “Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy” in 2004.
- Rahul avidly works on humanitarian grounds and is committed to supporting the “Children’s Movement for Civic Awareness,” the “AIDS Awareness Campaign,” and the UNICEF.
- As of 2019, he held the record for having faced an astonishing 31258 balls and having spent 44152 minutes on the crease in test format cricket.
- He is actress Deepika Padukone‘s all-time favorite cricketer.
- Rahul relishes the taste of butter crab once in a week besides enjoying a healthy staple meal.
- In the year 2018, he was inducted into the “ICC Hall of Fame.”
Featured Image By Joseph JoyC / Flickr / CC BY 2.0