|Mahendra Singh Dhoni Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1981|
|Spouse||Sakshi Singh Rawat|
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is an Indian former international cricketer who has served as the captain of the Indian national team and is regarded as one of the best wicket-keepers and captains in modern limited-overs international cricket. He has also received several awards including the ICC ODI Player of the Year Award in 2008 and 2009, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2007, the Padma Shri in 2009, and the Padma Bhushan in 2018. On August 15, 2020, the legendary cricketer announced his retirement from international cricket.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahi, MSD, MS Dhoni, Captain Cool
Ranchi, Bihar (Later in Jharkhand), India
Dhoni attended DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir (now the school is known as JVM, Shyamli, Ranchi) in Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- Father – Pan Singh (MECON employee; worked at Junior Management position)
- Mother – Devki Devi
- Siblings – Narendra Singh Dhoni (Older Brother), Jayanti Gupta (Older Sister)
He has also done bowling in the past. Dhoni has taken 1 ODI wicket, when he bowled Travis Dowlin from the West Indies on September 30, 2009.
7 (in One Day Internationals)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dhoni has dated –
- Lakshmi Rai (2008)
- Priyanka Jha
- Sakshi Mahendra Singh Dhoni (née Rawat) (2010-Present) – He married Sakshi Singh Rawat (a native of Dehradun, Uttarakhand) on July 4, 2010, and they engaged a day before their marriage. However, it was decided months before, says Bipasha Basu, Bollywood actress and a close friend of MS Dhoni. Rawat had studied Hotel Management and was a trainee at Taj Bengal, Kolkata when she married. The duo welcomed their baby girl named Ziva on February 6, 2015, and at the time of her birth, Dhoni was in Australia as the captain of the Indian team with the 2015 Cricket World Cup and said “I am on national duty, other things can wait” as he decided not to travel back to India.
Race / Ethnicity
Cool style of playing; often regarded as captain cool
He is believed to be wearing a shoe of size 11. However, it is not confirmed.
Dhoni has numerous endorsement deals.
- 2005 – Pepsico, Reebok, Exide, TVS Motors.
- 2006 – Mysore Sandal Soap, Videocon, Reliance Communications, Reliance Energy, Orient PSPO Fan, Bharat Petroleum, Titan Sonata, Brylcreem, NDTV, GE Money.
- 2007 – Siyaram.
- 2008 – Fashion at Big Bazaar alongside Asin (Bollywood actress), Maha Choco, Boost (health food), Dainik Bhaskar
- 2009 – Dabur Honey, Kolkata Fashion Week, Aircel communications, Nova Scottia Premium shirts.
- 2010 – Amrapali
In 2007, he was connected with 17 brands as their ambassador or spokesperson. Apart from the above mentioned, he also signed a deal with Gameplan Sports (Kolkata-based celebrity management company) way back in 2005. In 2010, he connected with Rhiti Sports Management and Mindscapes.
He identifies himself as being Rajput.
Best Known For
Playing cricket and staying at number 1 position in the ICC ODI Batsman rankings in 2009 continuously for many months.
Dhoni played his first One Day International on 23 December 2004 vs Bangladesh.
First T20I Match
He played his first T20 International match on 1 December 2006 vs South Africa.
First Test Match
He played his debut test match on 2 December 2005 vs Sri Lanka.
First TV Show
The only TV show he appears in is the cricket matches in various formats like first-class cricket, ODI, test, and T20.
According to Nidsun, he eats a well-balanced diet and also works out a little bit. He does exercises in the form of badminton and yes, in the form of practice sessions, which he has to go through.
Although all players have to eat a diet as guided by The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). But, Dhoni’s diet is as follows –
In breakfast, Mahi likes to eat porridge (large bowl), 200ml milk with some almonds and raisins. He continues with 250ml fresh fruit juice.
When at his house, he enjoys eating dal, bhat, and tarkari with some pickles to add more taste.
The afternoon meal, lunch consists of Chapatis (3 or 4) with chicken/ dal and tarkari. The taste is added with some yogurt, pickles, 100 grams of mixed nuts. To make the diet more balanced and to get the remaining nutrients, he eats mixed vegetable salad.
Evening snack is generally a chicken sandwich.
His dinner is the same as that of lunch plus some fruits as a nutritious sweet dish.
During practice sessions, the player keeps himself energized by drinking Gatorade throughout.
Just after intense workouts, MSD has some whey protein powder (or some protein shake), nuts, and seeds.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken Tikka Pizza, Butter Chicken Masala with Nan
- Idols – Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer), Amitabh Bachchan (Bollywood actor), Lata Mangeshkar (Singer)
Source – Wikipedia
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Facts
- Dhoni has served as the Vice-President of India Cements Limited (ICL).
- ICL owned the IPL team, Chennai Super Kings.
- He was connected with Air India earlier but resigned later.
- He is an Adam Gilchrist (Australian cricketer) fan.
- During his school time, he was actually good at badminton and football. Dhoni was selected to represent his school at district and club levels for these sports.
- In football, he is good at the goalkeeper position. Once, he was sent to play cricket by his football coach to play at a local club. He excelled there and soon was sent to other areas, where he again played extremely well. So, he focused on cricket after his 10th standard.
- In 2013, he was having 20 endorsement deals, which was one less than Shah Rukh Khan‘s (He had 21 at that time).
- He has bowled 108 balls in First-Class cricket, 12 in ODI, and finally 78 in Test cricket and has taken 1 wicket in ODI by giving 14 runs.
- From 2001 to 2003, Dhoni was a Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) at Kharagpur railway station.
- During his stay at the railway quarters during that time, he once fooled the society people with the help of his friends by wearing white bedsheets and moving around in the night. The night guards believed that there are actually ghost roaming over there.
- From 1999/2000 – 2004/2005, he played domestic cricket for Bihar (or Jharkhand). Post that, from 2008, he has led the Chennai Super Kings team.
- He had been awarded ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2008 and 2009.
- Dhoni has also launched his own gym and fitness centers at various places including Ambience Mall, New Delhi.
- He is a bike lover and owns more than 25 bikes. Later, he also fell in love with one of the security dogs – a Golden Retriever.
- He is always called Captain Cool and does not pay attention to the match’s results after it is over. He said – “I switch off once the matches are over.”
- His biopic titled M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story was released in 2016 and he was portrayed by late actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The film also starred Disha Patani, Kiara Advani, Anupam Kher, and Bhumika Chawla.
- When Dhoni-led team Chennai Super Kings (CSK) lost their match against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in an IPL 2020 by 10 runs, his 5-year-old daughter Ziva started receiving rape threats on his Instagram account. Some people also asked Dhoni to retire from IPL as well.
- In 2021, MS Dhoni became the first cricketer to earn INR 150 crore in IPL. Till IPL 2020, he had earned INR 137 crore. When Chennai Super Kings (CSK) decided to retain him for IPL 2021, his total earnings had increased to INR 152 crore.