|Lakshmi Manchu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1977|
Lakshmi Manchu is an Indian film actress, producer, and TV host who rose to fame with her works in Telugu cinema as well as on American television and got honored with several awards including the Filmfare Awards South and the state Nandi Award. The short film Perfect Lives (2006) that she directed, produced, and also starred in was shown at the Wilshire Fine Arts Theater as part of the La Femme Film Festival in Los Angeles.
Manchu Lakshmi Prasanna
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Film Nagar, Hyderabad, Telengana, India
She attended St Francis College and graduated from Oklahoma City University with a bachelor’s degree in Theatre.
Actress, Producer, Anchor, TV Presenter
- Father – Dr. M. Mohan Babu (Actor)
- Mother – Vidya Devi
- Siblings – Vishnu Manchu (Younger Brother) (Actor), Manoj Kumar Manchu (Younger Brother) (Actor)
She is represented by Marshak/Mills.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Prasanna – She tied the knot with Prasanna. They later got divorced.
- Andy Shrinivasan – She and NRI businessman Andy Shrinivasan got married on August 4, 2006. They have a daughter named Nirvana (b. June 14, 2014) who was born via a surrogate mother.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘light brown’ and ‘auburn’.
- Fuller lips
- Prominent cheekbones
She has endorsed several brands such as –
- Johnson & Johnson
Lakshmi Manchu Favorite Things
- Food – Variety of dishes of clean, simple, tasty homemade food for every meal
- Cuisine – Indian, Italian, Japanese
- Celebrity Crush – Ranveer Singh
- Considers To Be Magic – Yoga
- Joy Of Life – Feeding people
- Strong Belief – As humans, we must empower each other.
- Advocate Of – Rainwater harvesting
- Place Where She Keeps Going Back To – Kailash Manasarovar
- Dream Tour – A year-long journey around the world with daughter visiting only villages and towns
Lakshmi Manchu Facts
- She has recalled that during her school days, she was aware that she was not like the other children and did not fit in her class, always being drawn to extracurricular activities and not books and she gradually figured out that she yearned to be an actor.
- Lakshmi debuted into acting playing the minor role of Sarasvati Kumar, the love interest of James Lesure in the American TV show Las Vegas (2004–2007).
- She has revealed that she came back from America to be at her brother’s wedding soon after which she was offered a show to anchor, after which she stayed on in India.
- According to her, the weirdest thing that a fan has done was a lady in Nellore who tattooed her face on her hand.
- She has been thankful to have been blessed with a deep, hoarse voice due to which she is perceived to be a strong woman and whatever she utters comes across in a strict way leading to a quick completion of work.
- She has stated that she wanted her daughter to grow up with her close kin and lead a natural, healthy life learning how to nurture and maintain wonderful relationships and so she had moved back to India and settled here.
- Lakshmi has revealed that in her childhood, she had seen her father taking Ayyappa Deeksha during which he would invite and feed his fellow devotees and that she has carried forward the wonderful tradition, hoping her daughter would continue following it.
Featured Image by Lakshmi Manchu / Instagram