|Disha Patani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Disha Patani is an Indian actor, dancer, and model who has predominantly worked in Hindi films such as M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, Radhe, Baaghi 2, Baaghi 3, Welcome to New York, Malang, Kung Fu Yoga, and Bharat. She made her acting debut by playing the character named Mouni in the Telugu-language action drama film Loafer in 2015.
Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Disha Patani went to the Amity University in Lucknow to graduate with a Bachelor of Technology degree in computer science and engineering.
Actor, Model, Dancer
- Father – Jagdish Singh Patani (Police Officer)
- Mother – Padma Patani (Health Inspector)
- Siblings – Khushboo Patani (Older Sister) (Lieutenant in Indian Army), Suryansh Patani (Younger Brother)
Disha Patani has been signed with TOABH Talent Management.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Disha Patani has dated –
- Parth Samthaan – Reportedly, she was in a relationship with actor Parth Samthaan in the past.
- Tiger Shroff (2016-2022) – Disha Patani started going out with Bollywood actor Tiger Shroff after having worked together in the music video of Befikra. Though they had avoided accepting that they were in a relationship, their numerous dates and appearances at private parties added substance to dating reports. In September 2016, their relationship was reportedly in trouble as Tiger’s mother wasn’t fond of Disha. However, in December 2016, Tiger kind of dispelled such notions. In July 2022, they had actually separated. The reason for this was reportedly marriage. Disha wanted to marry but Tiger Shroff was not ready for that.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and svelte figure
- Cute smile
33-23.5-33 in or 84-60-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Disha Patani has starred in TV promotional campaigns for –
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk Bubbly
- Imperial Blue’s ‘Men will be Men’ campaign
- Garnier Fructis
- Gionee Elife
- Bata (2022), etc.
In 2021, she advertised for Ambrane India power banks on her social media channels.
Best Known For
Starring in the role of Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s girlfriend in the biopic, M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016). This role won her the BIG Star Entertainment Award for “Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female”, Star Screen Award as well as International Indian Film Academy Award for “Best Female Debut”, and Stardust Award for “Best Acting Debut (Female)”. The role also git her nominated for a BIG Star Entertainment Award in the “Most Entertaining Actor in a Drama Film – Female” category.
She made her first film appearance in the 2015 Telugu movie Loafer as Mouni, a girl who runs from home to escape a forced marriage.
Disha Patani leads a pretty active lifestyle that helps her keep her figure toned. She loves dancing and her social media feed is littered with her dance videos. Apart from that, she also regularly hits the gym and does yoga too.
In preparation for her role in Jackie Chan starrer Kung Fu Yoga (2017), she undertook martial arts training.
Disha Patani Favorite Things
- Wardrobe Must-Haves – Well fitted shorts and cute little dress
- Beverage – Bubble Tea
- Movie – Barfi (2012)
- Actor – Ranbir Kapoor
Disha Patani Facts
- She was the head girl of her school in Uttar Pradesh.
- Growing up, Disha wanted to become an Air Force pilot.
- In 2013, she finished second at the Femina Miss India in Indore.
- In 2014, Disha was signed up to star in an adult comedy, No Sex Please, which was to be produced by Karan Johar. However, the movie was later shelved.
- Patani was set to make her Bollywood debut in the Vanity Fair movie, co-produced by Karan Johar and Ekta Kapoor, but the production of the movie was canceled.
- Disha was selected to star opposite Tiger Shroff in the 2016 film Baaghi. However, she was replaced with Shraddha Kapoor by the producers.
- She appeared as Ashmita, a young Indian professor from the National Museum Institute, in the 2017 Chinese action-adventure comedy film Kung Fu Yoga. Her co-stars for the projects included Jackie Chan, Lay Zhang, Sonu Sood, and Amyra Dastur.
- During the shooting of the 2019 film Bharat, Disha suffered memory loss after she banged her head on a concrete floor. She allegedly lost the memory of 6 months of her life.
- She was one of the several Bollywood actors who received criticism for posting Instagram messages showing solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement in 2020. They were criticized because all these celebrities have somehow participated in advertising skin-lightening products which perpetuate colorism.
- Alongside Salman Khan, Randeep Hooda, Jackie Shroff, and Jacqueline Fernandez, she co-starred as Radhe’s love interest named Diya Abhyankar in the 2021 Hindi-language action thriller film Radhe.
- Disha was a part of the North America tour held in March 2023 titled The Entertainers which was led by Akshay Kumar along with Sonam Bajwa, Mouni Roy, Nora Fatehi, and others.
- She considers Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra as her icons.