|Jackie Shroff Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1957|
Jackie Shroff is an Indian actor who is best known for his work in films such as Hero (1983), Andar Baahar (1984), Ram Lakhan (1989), Parinda (1989), Tridev (1989), Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja (1993), Rangeela (1995), Border (1997), Mission Kashmir (2000), Devdas (2002), Bhoot Unkle (2006), and Brothers (2015). In a career spanning more than 4 decades, he has acted in more than 200 films in 13 languages. As of May 2021, he had won 4 Filmfare Awards.
Jai Kishan Kakubhai Shroff
Jackie, Jaggu Dada
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Jackie had dropped out of school after 11th standard due to his family’s financial constraints.
- Father – Kakubhai Haribhai Shroff
- Mother – Rita Shroff (née Hurinnisa)
- Siblings – Hemant Shroff (Older Brother) (Deceased)
- Others – Ranjan Dutt (Father-in-Law) (Former Air Vice-Marshal in Indian Air Force) (d. 2009), Claude Marie Dutt De Cavey (Mother-in-Law) (d. November 2010)
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jackie has dated –
- Ayesha Dutt (1987-Present) – Jackie had married his long-term girlfriend and film producer, former model, and actress Ayesha Dutt on June 5, 1987, her birthday. They have 2 children together – a son named Jai Hemant Shroff aka Tiger Shroff (b. 1990)(Actor) and a daughter named Krishna Shroff (b. January 21, 1993) (Entrepreneur). Jackie and Ayesha have been owners of a media company called Jackie Shroff Entertainment Limited. They had also jointly owned 10% shares in the Indian Hindi-language general entertainment pay-TV channel Sony Entertainment Television (SET), from its launch in September 1995 until 2012 when they had sold their stakes.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
He is of Gujarati (Indian) descent on his father’s side and Turkmen descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Tousled, wavy hair
- Sports a thick mustache
- Often sports a rugged beard
Jackie Shroff Facts
- Jackie’s mother, a Turkmen woman living in Kazakhstan, had fled to Ladakh in India, with her mother and sisters, after a coup had destabilized Kazakhstan. They had later shifted to Delhi before eventually settling down in Mumbai.
- His father, hailing from a family of traders and merchants, had to leave home at the age of 17 and relocate to Mumbai after his family members had lost all their money in the stock market. Jackie’s parents met each other in Mumbai and got married while they were still teenagers. His mother had converted her religion after marriage and had taken the name Rita.
- After dropping out of high school, he had attempted work as an apprentice chef at Taj Hotels and as a flight attendant at Air India. However, he was rejected from both due to his lack of educational qualifications. He had later worked as a travel agent with a company called Trade Wings.
- His career in the entertainment industry had started after an advertising agency accountant had spotted him at a bus stand and invited him to a modeling audition.
- His family name was originally ‘Saraf’ that was later changed to ‘Shroff’ by his father.
- He holds life membership of the International Film And Television Club of the Asian Academy of Film & Television (AAFT), a film school located in India’s Noida Film City.
- In October 2021, Jackie’s name came in Pandora Papers, according to which he was the beneficiary (along with children Tiger Shroff and Krishna Shroff) of a New Zealand trust. He also had secret wealth in a Swiss Bank.
Featured Image by Jackie Shroff / Instagram