|Tiger Shroff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1990|
Tiger Shroff is an Indian actor, martial artist, and dancer who has been cast in a variety of Hindi films. He has played Bablesh “Bablu” Singh in the romantic action film Heropanti, Ranveer “Ronny” Pratap Singh in the action thriller film Baaghi as well as in Baaghi 2 and Baaghi 3, Manav “Munna” Roy in the dance action film Munna Michael, Khalid Rahmani in the action thriller film War, Rohan Sachdev in the teen romantic comedy-drama film Student of the Year 2, and Aman Dhillon/Flying Jatt in the superhero action comedy film A Flying Jatt. Tiger Shroff is the son of actor Jackie Shroff and producer Ayesha Dutt and has featured in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 list.
Jai Hemant Shroff
Born Place / Residence
Mumbai, Maharashtra, Mumbai
Tiger Shroff went to the Besant Montessori School in Mumbai.
He also attended the American School of Bombay. After completion of school education, he got enrolled at Amity University in Noida.
Actor, Martial Artist, Dancer
- Father – Jackie Shroff (Actor)
- Mother – Ayesha Shroff (Model, Film Producer, Actor)
- Siblings – Krishna Shroff (Younger Sister)
- Others – Kakubhai Haribhai Shroff (Paternal Grandfather), Rita Hurinnisa (Paternal Grandmother), Ranjan Dutt (Maternal Grandfather) (Air vice-marshal in Indian Air Force), Claude Marie Dutt De Cavey (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tiger Shroff has dated –
- Disha Patani (2016-Present) – According to leading gossip tabloids, Tiger started dating model and actress Disha Patani in 2016. They had grown close while working on the music video of single, Befikra. Tiger and Disha refrained from officially acknowledging their relationship but were often spotted arriving at the red carpet and private events together. In September 2016, it was claimed that their relationship was on rocks. Apparently, his mother didn’t like Disha. However, in spite of such rumors, their subtle show of affection at the public appearances continued unabetted.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Gujarati and Uyghur ancestry. While, on his mother’s side, he is of Belgian and Bengali descent.
- An athletic and ripped physique
- Great dance moves
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
He has advertised for
- Forca flex denims by Lifestyle
- Macho Innerwear
Best Known For
- Having played the lead role in action movies such as Baaghi and Heropanti
- Being the son of the Bollywood legend Jackie Shroff
In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut in the lead role in the action-drama flick, Heropanti.
First TV Show
In May 2014, Tiger made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
Tiger has been working out since his school days, which has helped him build a solid foundation. He has taken years of training in martial arts, which has helped him attain his trademark flexibility and ability to perform jaw-dropping stunts. He still regularly goes for martial arts training.
Apart from martial arts, he is also very particular about his gym training. If there is a need, he doesn’t mind hitting the gym 6 days a week. He also mixes up his workout routine, according to his goals, to make sure that he is not stagnating.
He also includes boxing and sparring sessions in his fitness routine.
When it comes to diet, he makes sure that he eating a protein-rich diet. However, he allows himself to indulge on cheat days. He can gobble up 10 scoops of ice cream on his cheat days. He also doesn’t drink alcohol and hasn’t even tasted it in any form.
In October 2021, Tiger’s trainer Kaizzad Capadia had passed away.
Tiger Shroff Favorite Things
- Martial Arts Inspiration – Bruce Lee
- Dance Inspiration – Michael Jackson
- Superhero – Spiderman
- Ice Cream – Vanilla and chocolate
- Fashion Accessory – Sneakers
- Sneakers Brand – Converse
- Color – Black
Tiger Shroff Facts
- He started preparing for an acting career while he was still studying in school. However, he didn’t take any formal acting training.
- To prepare for him for his role in Heropanti, the Sajid Nadiadwala production house got him into script workshops.
- For his role in Heropanti, he won several accolades including the “IIFA Award for “Star Debut of the Year – Male”, Stardust Award for “Superstar of Tomorrow – Male”, Star Guild Award for “Best Male Debut”, BIG Star Entertainment Award for “Most Entertaining Actor – Male”, and Screen Award for “Most Promising Newcomer – Male”.
- He is reported to have assisted Aamir Khan in building his physique for his role in Dhoom 3.
- The reputed filmmaker Subash Ghai wanted to launch Shroff’s acting career with the remake of his father Jackie’s 1983 hit Hero. Tiger eventually decided against working on the project.
- After making his debut in the film industry, he decided to officially change his name to Tiger Shroff.
- In September 2009, he was offered an opportunity to play the lead role in the remake of the TV show, Fauji. The original TV series had helped launch superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s acting career.
- In July 2014, he was honored with an honorary fifth-degree black belt by the World Taekwondo Headquarters.
- Over the years, he has also appeared in the music videos of songs such as Zindagi Aa Raha Hoon Main sung by Atif Aslam, Chal Wahan Jaate Hain sung by Arijit Singh, Get Ready to Move sung by Armaan Malik, Muskurayega India sung by Vishal Mishra, Are You Coming and I Am a Disco Dancer 2.0 sung by Benny Dayal, and Har Ghoont Mein Swag by Badshah.
- While studying in school, he used to play soccer.
- Co-starring alongside Hrithik Roshan, he appeared as Capt. Khalid Rahmani, a RAW agent who wishes to serve the nation and regain his family’s lost respect due to his father’s betrayal to the country, in the 2019 Hindi-language action thriller film War.
- In 2021, Tiger had bought a new house in Khar and shifted there with his family (mom, dad, and sister) from the rented apartment in Bandra.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0