|Megan Mullally Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1958|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Megan Mullally is an American actor, voice actor, producer, writer, comedian, and singer who is best known for playing the role of Karen Walker in the NBC sitcom Will & Grace, a role for which she received 8 Primetime Emmy Award nominations for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series” (winning twice in 2000 and 2006) and 7 consecutive Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series” (winning thrice in 2002, 2003, and 2004) as well as receiving 4 Golden Globe Award nominations for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television”. Mullally is also known for playing Molly Brewer Ross in the sitcom The Ellen Burstyn Show, Tammy Swanson II in the political satire mockumentary sitcom Parks and Recreation, Barb Fleming in the Christmas comedy film Why Him?, Mrs. Marilyn Driscoll (voice) in the animated series Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, Chief in the dark comedy series Childrens Hospital, Mrs. Keenan in the independent coming-of-age comedy-drama film The Kings of Summer, Veronica Mann in the sitcom Breaking In, Becky Jo in the sitcom Rachel Gunn, R.N., Principal Barnes in the drama film Smashed, Judy Toll in the comedy-drama film Where’d You Go, Bernadette, and Leanne in the comedy-drama miniseries You, Me and the Apocalypse.
Los Angeles, California, United States
West Hollywood, California, United States
Megan Mullally attended Casady School to complete her high schooling from there.
She then enrolled herself at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois for further studies. She opted for English literature and Art History as subjects for her graduation.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Writer, Comedian, Singer
- Father – Carter Mullally, Jr. (Actor)
- Mother – Martha (née Palmer) (Former Model)
- Others – Carter Mullaly (Paternal Grandfather), Hattie Belle Hales (Paternal Grandmother), William Elias Palmer (Maternal Grandfather), Hazel White (Maternal Grandfather)
Megan Mullally has been signed with United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Her net worth had been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Megan Mullally has been romantically associated with –
- William H. Macy – The actor, screenwriter, teacher, and director, William H. Macy was in a brief relationship with the actor in the past.
- Michael A. Katcher (1992-1996) – Megan Mullally got married to the casting director, Michael A. Katcher in 1992, after commencing dating in the same year. However, the two separated soon in 1996.
- Nick Offerman (2003-Present) – The actor, writer, humorist, and carpenter, Nick Offerman, who is known for his role in ‘Parks and Recreation,’ met Megan during a play in Los Angeles. The duo started dating in 2000 and Megan announced her engagement in September 2002. The couple got married on September 20, 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
Megan Mullally is of English, Irish, small amounts of German and Welsh, and remote Scottish and French descent.
In 1999, Megan revealed in an interview to The Advocate magazine that she is a bisexual.
But, later on, in an interview with the same magazine in 2010, she clarified the situation and hinted towards being a heterosexual (straight).
- Charming face
- Speaking eyes
37-27-39 in or 94-69-99 cm
10 (US) or 14 (UK)
6 (US) or 4 (UK)
Megan Mullally has appeared in various TV commercials as well as print ads.
She had appeared in a TV commercial for McDonald’s in the year 1983. After this, she had not appeared in many commercials until 2000.
Since 2000, Megan Mullally has appeared in TV commercials for Old Navy (2000), cheaptickets.com (2004), M&M candies (2005), Tampax tampons (2008), and ‘I Can’t Believe Its Not Butter’ margarine (2010).
In 2001, she had appeared in a print ad for Ford Motor company‘s “Tied to the Cause.”
In 2005, she had appeared in “The More You Know” Public Service Announcement (PSA) Campaign created by NBC television.
Best Known For
Megan Mullally is best known for her role in the TV series Will & Grace where she appeared as an alcoholic socialite Karen Walker. Megan appeared in all the 194 episodes aired from 1998-2006.
As a Singer
Megan Mullally is also a singer, besides being an actor. She is a member of the band Supreme Music Program. The band has released three albums – The Sweetheart Break-In, Big as a Berry, Free Again!
In 2012, she and Stephanie Hunt formed a band, Nancy and Beth. Together, they have performed at various places. In March 2013, they also went on a tour. You can find the band’s official website @ nancyandbeth.com. The duo is also available on Twitter and Facebook.
Megan Mullally first appeared in the romantic comedy movie Risky Business in 1983 for her role as a call girl.
Her first recognized role was as Suzette in the horror-comedy film Once Bitten released in 1985.
First TV Show
Megan Mullally first appeared on television as Sharon in the TV movie The Children Nobody Wanted (1981). Here her name was featured as Megan Mullalley.
However, her first TV show was Tall Tales & Legends where she played the role of Posy in an episode titled “Pecos Bill” in 1986.
Megan Mullally has not hired any personal trainer. Instead, she has been a devotee of Pilates since she was 48 years old. The actor also does not eat junk food or take alcohol, contradictory to her role as Karen in the popular TV show ‘Will & Grace.’
Reportedly, the actor is known to go to the gym five days a week, where she indulges herself over the Reformer and does weight training.
Megan Mullally Favorite Things
- Movies – The Graduate (1967), Mary Poppins (1964), Barry Lyndon (1975), Sexy Beast (2001), The Crowd (1928), Harvey (1950)
Source – Rotten Tomatoes
Megan Mullally Facts
- Mullally is also regular in her Broadway appearances. She made her debut as Marty in the revival of ‘Grease’ in 1994. Later, she appeared in the 1995 revival of ‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’ where she appeared as Rosemary.
- Megan is also a trained ballet dancer. She started practicing ballet at the age of six and performed at the Oklahoma City Ballet during her tenure in high school. She has also studied ballet at the School of American Ballet in New York City.
- The actor has won 3 consecutive Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance in Comedy from 2002 to 2004. She has 4 Screen Actors Guild Awards and 2 Emmy Awards for her performances until 2015.
- She has two poodles, viz., Willa and Elmo.
- Megan Mullally has appeared with her husband, Nick Offerman in ‘Will & Grace’ and ‘Parks and Recreation.’ She has also appeared in the play ‘Annapurna’ at the Acorn Theater, New York.