|Ioan Gruffudd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ioan Gruffudd is a Welsh actor, voice artist, and director. He is known for his roles like Harold Godfrey Lowe, Fifth Officer of the RMS Titanic, in Titanic, Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic in Fantastic Four and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Lancelot in King Arthur, William Wilberforce in Amazing Grace, Tony Blair in W., Henry Bradley in The Professor and the Madman, Charles Mundi in The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box, Prince Charles in Family Guy, Paolo San Pablo in Glee, Mister Miracle in Justice League Unlimited, Dr. Henry Morgan in Forever, Andrew Earlham in Liar, and Dr. Daniel Harrow in Harrow.
Llwydcoed, Aberdare, Cynon Valley, Rhondda Cynon Taf, South Wales
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ioan went to three schools, viz., Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Aberdar located in Cwmdare, Ysgol Gymraeg Melin Gruffydd in Whitchurch, Cardiff and Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Glantaf in Llandaff.
Gruffudd has accomplished Grade 8 level in the ABRSM (Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music) music exams.
Actor, Voice Artist, Director
- Father – Peter Gruffudd (Teacher)
- Mother – Gillian Gruffudd (Teacher)
- Siblings – Alun Gruffudd (Younger Brother), Siwan Gruffudd (Younger Sister)
Ioan has been signed with –
- Framework Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ioan Gruffudd has dated –
- Alice Evans (1999–2021) – In 1999, Ioan started dating the British actress Alice Evans despite the fact that, at that time, she was in a relationship with Olivier Widmaier Picasso. The actors met for the first time on the set of the movie 102 Dalmatians (2000) and soon after that, they started a relationship. Ioan and Alice got married in September 2007. The couple has two children – Ella Betsi Janet (born – September 6, 2009) and Elsie Marigold (born – September 13, 2013). In January 2021, Ioan announced that he had decided to leave his family. Later, Alice confirmed the news on Twitter by revealing that she was blindsided by his decision and her daughters were “confused and sad” by the news. They filed for divorce in March 2021. In October 2021, Alice accused him of having an affair for 3 years. In February 2022, it was revealed that Ioan had filed a domestic violence restraining order against Alice.
- Bianca Wallace (2021-Present) – In October 2021, Ioan confirmed his relationship with Bianca Wallace through an Instagram post. The couple made their red carpet debut at the SMS Battles Quiz for The MS Society in May 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Ioan Gruffudd is of Welsh descent.
- Deep voice
- Beautiful eyes
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)
Ioan was once a part of the London Church of Christ.
Best Known For
His roles in the movies Titanic (1997) as Harold Lowe, Black Hawk Down (2001) as Lieutenant John Beales, King Arthur (2004) as Lancelot, Fantastic Four (2005) as Reed Richards (Mister Fantastic) and Amazing Grace (2006) as William Wilberforce.
Ioan is also known for his acts in many TV series including Century City (2004), Justice League Unlimited (2005), Ringer (2011–2012), Night of the Hurricane (2011), Monday Mornings (2013), and Castle (2013).
Ioan first appeared in the biographical movie Wilde (1997) playing John Gray.
First TV Show
As a teenager, Ioan had his first-ever television appearance as Dafydd in the TV series Austin in 1986.
Ioan Gruffudd Facts
- His name is pronounced as “YO-an GRIH-fith”.
- On March 28, 2001, Gruffudd achieved the BBC Radio Cymru Show Business Award for Best Actor.
- Ioan is an associate member of RADA (The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art).
- His first language is Welsh.
- For his role in the movie Solomon & Gaenor (1999) as Solomon Levinsky, he learned Yiddish.
- He knows how to play the oboe. For several years, as a teen, he used to perform in the South Glamorgan Youth Orchestra.
- He is good friends with the actors Michael Sheen and Matthew Rhys.
- At the age of 13, Ioan had already become a well-respected singer and oboe player.
- “Ioan” is a Welsh name, which is equal to “John.” His second name “Gruffudd” is comparable with “Griffith.”
- He has done voiceover work for video games like Fantastic Four and Diablo III.
- In 2018, he started playing the character of Dr. Daniel Harrow, senior medical examiner at the Queensland Institute of Forensic Medicine (QIFM), in the medical mystery drama television series, Harrow.
- He appeared as William Kingsley in the 2018 American fantasy drama film, Buttons: A Christmas Tale, in which he co-starred alongside Jane Seymour, Roma Downey, Abigail Spencer, Dick Van Dyke, and Angela Lansbury.