|Angela Lansbury Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1925|
|Date of Death
||October 11, 2022|
Angela Lansbury was a British-Irish-American actress, voiceover artist, singer, songwriter, writer, and producer whose career had spanned almost 8 decades during which she had given critically-acclaimed performances in movies and shows like Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Gaslight, The Manchurian Candidate, Something for Everyone, Murder, She Wrote, and The Gift of Love: A Christmas Story.
Angela Brigid Lansbury
Angela Lansbury was born on October 16, 1925.
Angela Lansbury died peacefully in her sleep (just 5 days before her 97th birthday) on October 11, 2022, at the age of 96 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Regent’s Park, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Angela Lansbury attended South Hampstead High School from 1934 until 1939. Also, she studied music at the Ritman School of Dancing and acting at the Webber Douglas School of Singing and Dramatic Art in Kensington, West London.
Later, she joined the Feagin School of Drama and Radio after securing a scholarship from the American Theatre Wing.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Singer, Songwriter, Writer, Producer
- Father – Edgar Lansbury (Timber Merchant, Politician, Member of the Communist Party of Great Britain, and former mayor of the Metropolitan Borough of Poplar)
- Mother – Moyna MacGill (born Charlotte Lillian McIldowie) (Irish actress who regularly appeared on stage in the West End)
- Siblings – Bruce Lansbury (Younger Brother) (Television Producer, Television Writer, Screenwriter), Edgar Lansbury (Younger Brother) (Theatre, film, and television producer)
- Others – George Lansbury (Paternal Grandfather) (Politician, Labour Party Leader, Anti-war Activist), Elisabeth Jane Brine (Paternal Grandmother), William McIIdowie (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Jane Mageean (Maternal Grandmother), Isolde Denham (Older Half-Sister), John Postgate (Cousin) (Microbiologist, Writer), Oliver Postgate (Cousin) (Animator, Puppeteer, Writer), Coral Lansbury (Cousin) (Scriptwriter, Novelist, Professor of English), Tamara Ustinov (Niece) (Actress)
Angela Lansbury was represented by Zero Gravity Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Angela Lansbury had dated –
- Richard Cromwell (1945-1946) – She eloped with American actor Richard Cromwell when she was 19 years old and Cromwell was 35 and they married in a small civil ceremony on September 27, 1945. However, the duo divorced the following year.
- Peter Shaw (1949-2003) – She got married to English actor and producer Peter Shaw in 1949 and they were blessed with 2 children, namely, Anthony Peter (b. 1952) and Deirdre Ann (b. 1953). She also became a stepmother to David, Peter’s son from his first marriage. The duo remained together until Peter Shaw’s death in 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
She was of English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh descent.
Due to advancing age, her hair color had turned ‘Gray’.
- Sparkling eyes
- Charming appearance
He had appeared in TV commercials for Children’s Miracle Network, Jell-O, Ensure Supplement, etc.
Angela Lansbury Favorite Things
- Author – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Some Of Her Favorite TV Shows – Roseanne, Seinfeld
Source – Wikipedia
Angela Lansbury Facts
- Angela was born in an upper-middle-class family.
- She had been friends with Beatrice Arthur, Bob Hope, and Louis Herthum.
- For her lifetime achievement, she received an Academy Honorary Award in November 2013.
- She was a Democrat and had supported Barack Obama.
- She was one of the few Hollywood actors who lived into their 80s and/or 90s without retiring from acting and continuously kept getting work.
- In her lifetime, she achieved 3 Oscar nominations, 18 Emmy nominations, 1 Grammy nomination, 6 Golden Globe Awards, and 5 Tony Awards.
- In 2022, she received the Lifetime Achievement Tony Award.
- Angela studied acting in New York City after shifting to the United States in 1940.
- In her lifetime, she received citizenship of Ireland, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
- By Queen Elizabeth II, Angela was made the Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2014.
- Angela’s final film role was in 2022 in the detective drama film Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery in a cameo appearance.
- She lost her father at the age of 9 as he died from stomach cancer.
- Angela’s mother married Leckie Forbes after the death of Angela’s father Edgar.
- Overall, her acting career lasted for 80 years.
Featured Image by MGM / eBay / Public Domain