|Bea Arthur Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1922|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bea Arthur was an American actress, theatre artist, comedienne, singer, and activist who is remembered for having been cast in several roles in shows and movies such as Dorothy Zbornak in The Golden Girls, Amanda Cartwright in Amanda’s, Maude Findlay in both All in the Family as well as Maude, and Bea Vecchio in Lovers and Other Strangers. She also won numerous awards and nominations such as American Theatre Wing’s Tony Award, Primetime Emmy Award, and Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Emmy Award.
She was born on May 13, 1922.
Bea Arthur died on April 25, 2009, at the age of 86 in Los Angeles, California, United States after suffering from cancer.
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Bea Arthur studied at Linden Hall School for Girls, an all-girls’ boarding school located in Lititz, Pennsylvania, and then got enrolled at Blackstone College for Girls located in Blackstone, Virginia.
Afterward, she attended Franklin Institute for a year and became a licensed medical technician. At last, she decided to change the path of her career and got enrolled in the School of Drama at The New School in the year 1947.
Actress, Comedienne, Theatre Artist, Singer, Activist
- Father – Philip Frankel
- Mother – Rebecca (née Pressner)
- Siblings – Gertrude Arthur (Older Sister), Marian Kay (Younger Sister)
- Others – Kyra (Granddaughter), Violet (Granddaughter)
Bea Arthur was managed by Matt Beckoff.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bea Arthur had dated –
- Robert Alan Aurthur (1947-1950) – She got married to a fellow Marine, screenwriter, film director, and producer, Robert Alan Aurthur, in 1947 and took his surname. However, the duo later decided to part ways and divorced in 1950.
- Gene Saks (1950-1978) – In 1950, she married stage and film director and actor, Gene Saks, and the duo adopted two sons – Matthew Saks (b. July 14, 1961) and Daniel Saks (b. May 8, 1964). However, after having been together for more than 2 and a half decades, the duo split up in 1978.
Race / Ethnicity
- Husky resonant voice
- Witty personality
- Often played roles that revolved around themes like liberalism and feminism
Bea Arthur appeared in a TV commercial for Shopper’s Drug Mart in the late 1980s.
She was raised in a Jewish household.
Bea Arthur Favorite Things
- City In The World – London
Source – Wikipedia
Bea Arthur Facts
- Growing up, she idolized stage, film, and television actress, dancer, and singer, June Allyson.
- Bea Arthur shared a very strong bond with British-American-Irish actress Angela Lansbury.
- By the age of 12, she was already around 5 ft 9 in tall.
- She was Marlon Brando‘s classmate.
- Bea Arthur avoided watching her own performances on TV shows or films.
- She remained a liberal Democrat throughout her lifetime and supported the likes of Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, Adlai Stevenson, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama.
Featured Image by TV studio / eBay / Public Domain