|Ok Taec-yeon Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 27, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Taecyeon is a South Korean rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, and entrepreneur. He is best known for being the main rapper for the South Korean Boy Band 2PM. He has also
appeared on TV series like Cinderella Sister (2010), Dream high (2011), Who Are You (2013), Wonderful Days (2014), Assembly (2015), and played the character of Won-Chul in romantic comedy film Marriage Blue (2013) and Priest Choi in the mystery thriller film House Of The Disappeared (2017). The singer has amassed more than 4 million followers on Twitter.
Busan, South Korea
Taecyeon attended Bedford High School for 7 years and later switched to Young Dong High School in Seoul. He further went on to study Business Administration at Dankook University and then went to Korea University Graduate School of International Studies.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Entrepreneur
- Siblings – Ok Jihyen (Older Sister)
- Until 2018, Taecyeon was being represented by JYP Entertainment.
- In 2018, he signed a contract with an agency called 51K.
Hip-Hop, K-Pop, Electronic, R&B
- JYP Entertainment
- Sony Music
- Ariola Japan
- United Asia Management
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taecyeon has dated –
- Amy – Taecyeon has dated a girl named Amy in the past.
According to him, he preferred cute and short girls when he was younger but since he has grown older, he doesn’t have a type.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean ancestry.
- Dimpled Smile
- Muscular physique
- Tall height
Taecyeon has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Body Shop
- Market O
- Paris-Croissant Food Company
Best Known For
- Being the main rapper of the South Korean boy band, 2PM
- Appearing in TV series like Cinderella Sister (2010), Dream High (2011), Who Are You (2013), Wonderful Days (2014), Assembly (2015) and many more
- Portraying the character of Won-Chul in romantic comedy film Marriage Blue (2013) and playing Priest Choi in the mystery thriller film House Of The Disappeared (2017)
Taecyeon released his first studio album 01:59PM along with the band 2PM on November 10, 2009. The album peaked at #1 on The Gaon Music Chart and sold more than 110k units in Korea.
He made his theatrical film debut in the South Korean romantic comedy film Marriage Blue as Won-chul in 2013.
First TV Show
Taecyeon made his first TV show appearance on the reality show Superstar Survival in 2006.
Taecyeon is a fitness freak. He works out on a regular basis even when he is busy with work. As per an interview, he revealed that he had only 15 days to get in shape for his Men’s Health magazine photoshoot. During this time, he managed to get in great shape using bodyweight movements, doing a lot of cardio and Aerobics. His workout routine usually includes shoulders, tricep, and abs exercises.
- Taecyeon’s family migrated to Bedford, Massachusetts when he was 10 years old.
- His sister saw a JYP Entertainment audition post on the internet and persuaded him to audition for the agency.
- He went to New York City on his 17th birthday for the audition and after a week he was chosen among the final 35 for which he had to go back to South Korea.
- While he was studying at Bedford High School he was also a member of the Chess Club, Jazz Band, JV Soccer Team, and National Honor Society.
- Taecyeon initially wanted to become a model for JYP Entertainment but the judges wanted him to try singing and dancing and he ended up among the top 12 finalists who further competed in a show called Superstar Survival but unfortunately, he was the first one to be eliminated.
- Apart from Korean, he is also fluent in English and Japanese and can also speak Busan Satoori.
- In 2008, Taecyeon participated in MNET’s show called Hot Blood Men that was about the extreme training given to 13 trainees so that they could become a member of boyband One Day which later gave birth to 2 new bands namely 2AM and 2PM.
- Taecyeon made his official debut 6 months after Hot Blood Men was aired.
- In 2010, he was cast as a permanent member of South Korean variety show Family Outing season 2 but the show got canceled.
- The singer has a large scar on one of his arms which he got due to a fracture while he was arm wrestling with another band member Junho.
- Taecyeon announced in 2010 that he would be giving up his United States visa so that he is eligible to serve his military duties in Korea.
- In 2013, he introduced a green-colored cat character named ‘Okcat’, the emoticons of which have been released on the chat application ‘KakaoTalk’.
- He was enlisted for his military service in 2017.
- Apart from gymming, he likes to sleep in his free time.
- On 25 July 2018, it was announced that Taecyeon will not be continuing his career with JYP Entertainment, as he signed a new contract with an agency called 51K. It was, however, decided that he would still continue his career as a 2PM member.
- Follow Taecyeon on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Sunshine Boy / junshines.tistory.com / CC BY 4.0