|Gwendoline Christie Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1978|
Gwendoline Christie is an English actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones, First Order stormtrooper Captain Phasma in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Lucifer in The Sandman, and Jane Murdstone in The Personal History of David Copperfield. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, The Darkest Minds, Flux Gourmet, Welcome to Marwen, Seven Ages of Britain Teaser, Top of the Lake: China Girl, Green Eggs and Ham, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like Breakfast at Tiffany’s, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Mirandolina. For her acting skills, Gwendoline has been nominated for numerous awards such as the Screen Actors Guild Award, Critics’ Choice Television Award, and Primetime Emmy Award.
Worthing, West Sussex, England
In 2005, she graduated from Drama Centre London.
- Father – He worked in sales and marketing.
- Mother – She was a housewife.
- Others – She has 2 older half-brothers.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
84 kg or 185 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gwendoline dated –
- Giles Deacon (2013-Present) – Since 2013, Gwendoline is dating British fashion designer, Giles Deacon. At Elle Style Awards 2015, she wore the dress designed by his boyfriend Giles.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Short hair
37-30-38 in or 94-76-96.5 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU) or 16 (UK)
Best Known For
Playing the main role as Brienne of Tarth in HBO’s fantasy drama series Game of Thrones.
She is also known for playing Captain Phasma in the epic space opera film Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) and as Commander Lyme in the epic dystopian science fiction war film The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.
She debuted with the 2007 short film The Time Surgeon for her role as The Tape.
First TV Show
She just appeared in a single episode of BBC’s documentary series Seven Ages of Britain and played the role as The Operator in an episode entitled “Age of Ambition.”
After she got the role of Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones, she started working out with a trainer named, Phil Learney who is a strength and conditioning expert. She was required to gain muscle in order to look like a horse rider and the one who can fight with swords. So, she worked with him for three to four days in a week and gain over a stone of muscle.
Gwendoline Christie Favorite Things
- Favorite Game of Thrones Season – Season 5
Source – EW
Gwendoline Christie Facts
- Born in Worthing, West Sussex, Gwendoline was raised in a hamlet near the South Downs.
- As a child, Christie was active in gymnastics. But, due to a spine injury, she had to leave the interest.
- The spine injury forced her to start a career in acting.
- Neither Christie nor her mom knows her exact age. They haven’t kept any record of it.
- If her acting career hadn’t been much successful, she probably would have been a nun.
- While on the Game of Thrones set, when Gwendoline was wearing armor, she was about to get tipped over a porta-potty on the set inside a portaloo as she was also texting at the same time.