|Ben Fogle Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1973|
Ben Fogle is a British travel show host who has embarked on extreme adventures around the world documented for TV. He has shared his life experiences in numerous published books.
Benjamin Myer Fogle
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
- North Kensington, West London, England, United Kingdom
- Chiltern Village of Fawley, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, South East England, United Kingdom
Ben studied at an independent preparatory boys’ school called The Hall School in Hampstead, London followed by Bryanston Boarding School in Dorset, South West England.
Later, he enrolled at the University of Portsmouth for a Bachelor’s degree in Latin American studies and studied at the University of Costa Rica for a year as a part of his curriculum.
As a university student, he joined the University Royal Naval Unit and became a midshipman aboard HMS Blazer. His work included delivering aid to war-torn Bosnia and Croatia. Years later, the University of Portsmouth awarded him with an Honorary Doctorate of Letters in 2007 for his services to sport and adventure.
TV Presenter, Travel Writer, Professional Adventurer (Gained 1 acting credit as an actor in 2009 & 1 credit as Executive Producer in 2011), Activist
- Father – Bruce Fogle (Veterinarian)
- Mother – Julia Foster (Veteran Stage, TV, and Film Actress) (Owner of antique furniture business)
- Siblings – Tamara Fogle (Younger Sister) (Handbag Designer, Entrepreneur)
- Others – Emily Fogle (Older Half-Sister) (Graphic Designer)
He is represented by –
- Hilary Murray, Arlington Enterprises Limited
- Alison Griffin Associates (Publicist)
- Lunar Talent Agency
- Champions Speakers Agency
- Contraband Entertainment and Events Agency
- Kruger Cowne Worldwide
- Gordon Poole Agency
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben has dated –
- Marina Hunt (2004–Present) – Marina met her husband, Ben at Hyde Park while both of them were walking their respective dogs. They got married in September 2006. The couple’s firstborn is a son named Ludovic Herbert Richard (b. December 2009) followed by a daughter named Iona Chiara (b. May 2011). They had a stillborn son named Willem in August 2014 after which they decided not to try for any more kids.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Canadian ancestry on his father’s side and English ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Rugged features and personality
- Prominent nose (Broke it in his early 20s while volunteering for a Royal Marines riot training exercise)
- He has served as the brand ambassador for the Danish construction toy brand LEGO (2012) and clothing lines, Iffley Road, J.Crew, and Barbour Wilderness Collection.
- Ben was also cast in TV commercials for Typhoo (2013).
- He is the brand ambassador and destination expert for Celebrity Cruises (2013) and worldwide touring ambassador for Virgin Holidays.
- Ben promotes the use of electric cars on social media being the ambassador for Go Ultra Low organization.
- He has also endorsed Kiwi wine brand Cloudy Bay (2017).
- He is the celebrity ambassador for the travel health campaign for Sanofi Pasteur (2019).
- For 3 years, he was co-owner and promoter of a healthy snack company called Dilly & Wolf (2013–2015).
Ben Fogle Favorite Things
- School Subject – Geography
- Animal – Dog (Labrador breed)
- Beverage – Tea
- Authors – Ben Okri, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Bookstore – Lutyens & Rubinstein, Notting Hill, London
Ben Fogle Facts
- Even though Geography was his favorite subject in school, he flunked it in his A-level exams.
- It took him 6 attempts to pass the test to get his driver’s license.
- He has 2 black Labrador pet dogs named Storm and Nero.
- Ben is allergic to cats.
- At the age of 18, he took off to Ecuador for a gap year and worked in an orphanage teaching English.
- He extended his time for a 2nd year to work alongside the American Peace Corps on a turtle conservation project on the Mosquito Coast of Honduras and Nicaragua.
- He is a regular skier, keen horseman, a qualified diver, coastal skipper, experienced sailor, and a trained pilot.
- Upon graduating, Ben wanted to work for Condé Nast Traveler magazine but his application ended up with Tatler magazine where he was hired as a picture editor. Around this time, he applied to get cast as one of the participants of Castaway 2000, a social experiment reality show by BBC network that required 36 participants to live self-sufficiently as a community on an isolated Scottish island of Taransay for 1 year.
- After the show was aired, Fogle got his first book deal and a series of presentation appointments for BBC documentaries and travel shows.
- As a diehard lover of adventure, over the years Fogle has undertaken extreme feats such as rowing across the Atlantic Ocean, cycling a rickshaw from Edinburgh to London non-stop (423 miles), and summiting the Mount Everest in 6 weeks.
Featured Image by amalavida.tv / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0