|Hugh Bonneville Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1963|
|Spouse||Lucinda ‘Lulu’ Evans|
Hugh Bonneville is a British actor who is best known for portraying the character of Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham in the popular historical drama TV series Downton Abbey (2010-2015). For his performance on the show, he had earned a Golden Globe nomination (2011) and 2 Primetime Emmy Award nominations (2012, 2013) in the category of ‘Best Actor’. He had also won the ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series’ award at the Screen Actors Guild Awards thrice (2012, 2014, 2015). He is also well recognized for his work in movies such as Notting Hill (1999), Mansfield Park (1999) Iris (2001), Burke & Hare (2010), Paddington (2014), and Viceroy’s House (2017).
Hugh Richard Bonneville Williams
Paddington, Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
West Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Hugh had attended the Dulwich College Preparatory School in London and the Sherborne School, an independent boarding school for boys, in Dorset. After his high school graduation, he had studied theology at the Corpus Christi College, a constituent college of the University of Cambridge, and earned lower-division second-class honors in 1985. He was, by then, more interested in acting than academics and went on to study the craft at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art as well as the National Youth Theatre, both in London.
- Father – John Pritchard aka JP (Urological Surgeon)
- Mother – Pat Williams (Nurse)
- Siblings – Nigel Williams (Older Brother), Clare Williams (Older Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hugh has dated –
- Lucinda ‘Lulu’ Evans (1997–Present) – Hugh began dating Lucinda ‘Lulu’ Evans in 1997 and they got married on November 4, 1998. They had first met when they were teenagers but had drifted apart before coming together in 1997. They have a son together named Felix Bonneville.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and distant Welsh descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Short-cropped hair
Hugh Bonneville Favorite Things
- Travel Destination – Maldives
- Article Of Clothing – Cashmere Hoodie
- Monument/Architectural Masterpiece – St. Paul’s Cathedral in London
- Novel – Stig of the Dump (1963) by Clive King
- Movie Genre – Comedy
- Exotic Food – Oysters
- Sitcoms – Curb Your Enthusiasm, Rev.
Hugh Bonneville Facts
- Hugh, throughout his career, has acted in several plays and theater productions. He was interested in performing plays since childhood and would often write and perform acts with his friends during his teenage years.
- He had worked with the National Theatre and the Royal Shakespeare Company after college, and his professional acting debut, in 1986, was as an understudy to renowned British actor Ralph Fiennes in a production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- He had revealed in an interview that he was an impulse buyer which was something he had wanted to change about himself.
- Apart from English, he is fluent in French.
- He is fond of pet animals and owns a Tibetan terrier.
- In 2019, he was appointed as a Deputy Lieutenant (an honorary Crown appointment) of the county of West Sussex, his residence. Later that year, in October, the University of Winchester had conferred upon him an honorary Doctor of Arts (D.Arts) degree.
- In January 2021, it was revealed that he had received the first dose of the coronavirus vaccine. He later starting working as a volunteer at a Coronavirus vaccination center as a marshall.
Featured Image by Hugh Bonneville / Instagram