|Ralph Fiennes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1962|
Ralph Nathaniel Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes
Rafe, Ray, Ralph
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Fiennes attended St Kieran’s College for a year before he moved to Newtown School in County Waterford.
During his high school years, his family moved to Salisbury, England where he needed to precede his schooling at Bishop Wordsworth’s School.
After graduating, he attended Chelsea College of Art, where he studied painting.
He trained in acting at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art from 1983 to 1985.
Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Mark Fiennes (Farmer and Photographer)
- Mother – Jennifer Lash (Writer)
- Siblings – Joseph Fiennes (Younger Brother), Martha Fiennes (Younger Sister), Magnus Fiennes (Younger Brother), Sophie Fiennes (Younger Sister), Jacob Fiennes (Younger Brother)
- Others – Sir Maurice Fiennes (Grandfather), Henry Alleyne Lash (Grandfather), Hero Fiennes-Tiffin (Nephew) (Actor)
Ralph is signed to Dalzell and Beresford Ltd.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
174 lbs or 79 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ralph Fiennes dated –
- Alex Kingston (1983–1997) – Ralph had met fellow British actor Alex Kingston in September 1983 while they were both studying at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. After nearly a decade of courtship, they got married on September 5, 1993. In 1995, Ralph had an affair with actress Francesca Annis due to which he left Alex in 1996. The couple eventually got divorced in October 1997.
- Francesca Annis (1995–2006) – Ralph commenced dating the British actress Francesca Annis in 1995. They both were in a relationship for 11 years and then they parted ways.
- Gina Gershon (2005) – Fiennes had an encounter with Gina Gershon.
- Amanda Harlech (2006) – Fiennes met Amanda in 2006 and since then they are dating each other from time to time.
- Ellen Barkin (2006) – Ralph had a short-lasting relationship with the American actress Ellen Barkin.
- Lisa Robertson (2007) – Ralph had an encounter with Lisa Robertson back in 2007.
- Patti Smith (2009) – Fiennes was in a relationship with the American singer, the popular Patti Smith. Their relationship lasted for a short period before they split up in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Ralph has English, Irish and Scottish ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Plays mysterious characters
11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 44.5 (EU)
Fiennes has appeared in a TV commercial for The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Best Known For
Fiennes is known for his acts in the movies Schindler’s List (1993), in which he played as Amon Goeth, and Harry Potter series in which he played the role of Voldemort.
For his act in Schindler’s List, Ralph earned a nomination spot for the Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He also won the BAFTA award, for Best Actor in a Supporting Role.
Fiennes is also known for many other movies including The End of the Affair (1999), Red Dragon (2002), The Constant Gardener (2005), The Reader (2008), Clash of the Titans (2010), Great Expectations (2012) and others.
Ralph was first noticed in the movie Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights (1992), in which he played the character of Heathcliff.
First TV Show
Fiennes appeared in the TV movie A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia in 1990. He played the role as T. E. Lawrence (an archaeologist and British Army officer).
For his role in the movie Red Dragon (2002), Ralph had been on a strict diet and gained 10 pounds of muscle.
However, more detailed information about his workout and diet can’t be found.
Ralph Fiennes Favorite Things
- Names – Abraham, Miranda, Thomas, Natasha
- Writers – Shakespeare, Dostoyevsky, Homer, Ibsen, Chekhov, T.S. Eliot, Beckett
- Sports – Professional Wrestling
- Occupation – Reading and watching movies very early in the morning
- Journey – From the dressing room to the stage and back
Source – Vanity Fair
Ralph Fiennes Facts
- He is an ambassador for UNICEF UK.
- He is a member of RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Art).
- He is a good friend of well-known actor Liam Neeson.
- In just two days, he managed to record all his scenes as Voldemort in the movie Harry Potter and the Goblet Fire (2005).
- Ralph was ranked number 33 on the list of 100 Sexiest Stars in movie history.
- He is the eighth cousin to the Prince of Wales.
- He refused to appear in the movie The Saint (1997), in which he was supposed to play the leading role.
- For his role in the movie Red Dragon (2002), he got a tattoo on his back.
- To play the role of Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter film series, it used to take 3 hours to do the entire makeup (painting on nails, hands, and teeth). His nose used to be removed through computer graphics.
- Ralph is not on social media.