|Gary Barlow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1971|
Gary Barlow is an English singer, songwriter, pianist, record producer, actor, and film score producer who is best known for being the lead singer of the pop group Take That with whom he has released several successful albums like Beautiful World, The Circus, Wonderland, Nobody Else, Take That & Party, and Everything Changes. Moreover, he has also established himself as a solo artist and has released projects such as Open Road, Sing, and Since I Saw You Last.
Frodsham, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
Gary Barlow attended Frodsham School located in the town of Frodsham, Cheshire, England.
Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Record Producer, Actor, Film Score Producer
- Father – Colin Barlow
- Mother – Marjorie (Cowan)
- Sibling – Ian Barlow (Older Brother)
Gary Barlow is represented by –
- Dawbell, Ltd., Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- San Remo Live Ltd., Company, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop, Pop Rock, Soft Rock, Britpop, Dance
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards
Sony, Polydor, Universal, Decca, Atlantic, Future, San Remo
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gary Barlow has dated –
- Dawn Andrews (1995-Present) – He married dancer Dawn Andrews in 2000 and the duo parents 3 children – Daniel (b. 2000), Emily (b. 2002), and Daisy (b. 2009). In 2012, they were expecting their 4th child, a daughter named Poppy, but she was stillborn. However, even after suffering the great loss, Barlow performed the song Rule the World at the London 2012 Olympic Games Closing Ceremony and this drew much appreciation for his commitment as an artist.
Race / Ethnicity
Gary Barlow is of English descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Lean physique
Gary Barlow Favorite Things
- One Of His Top 5 Favorite Singers Of All Time – Tony Hadley
Source – IMDb
Gary Barlow Facts
- His fellow Take That bandmates include Howard Donald and Mark Owen.
- He released his debut studio album, Open Road, on May 26, 1997, and it topped several charts including the UK Albums (OCC) chart, Taiwanese Albums (IFPI) chart, and Irish Albums (IRMA) chart. The album was also certified ‘Platinum’ by United Kingdom (BPI).
- Gary Barlow is a Liverpool FC supporter and one of the first songs he learned to play on the piano was the club’s anthem “You’ll Never Walk Alone”.
- He is also a fan of the Warrington Wolves and the New York Knicks.
- He has revealed that the song that has inspired him the most is titled Don’t Give Up, the 1986 duet between Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.
- Gary Barlow was appointed the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2012 Queen’s Birthday Honours List for his services to the Entertainment Industry and to Charity.
- The first CD he ever bought was of the Pet Shop Boys.
- He shares a close bond with legendary artist Sir Elton John.
- He once said, “Every year, I swear I look forward to May the 4th just so I can say: ‘May the 4th be with you'”.
Featured Image by marcen27 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0