|Kate Bush Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1958|
Kate Bush is an English singer, songwriter, musician, dancer, and record producer who rose to fame after the release of her first single titled Wuthering Heights. After that, she went on to release several other hit songs including The Man with the Child in His Eyes, Babooshka, Running Up That Hill, Don’t Give Up (a duet with Peter Gabriel), and King of the Mountain.
Bexleyheath, Kent, England, United Kingdom
The United Kingdom
She studied at St Joseph’s Convent Grammar School, near Abbey Wood. Kate studied karate under the guidance of her brother John at Goldsmiths College.
She also trained in interpretive dance under the guidance of dancer, actor, and teacher Lindsay Kemp.
Bush had decided to stop attending school shortly after her A-level mock exams. Hence, only attaining her GCE O-level certificate.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Dancer, Record Producer
- Father – Robert Bush (1920–2008) (Doctor, General Practitioner)
- Mother – Hannah Daly (1918–1992) (Staff Nurse)
- Siblings – Patrick Bush (Older Brother) (Musician, Instrument Maker, Music Critic, Producer, Artist), John Bush (Older Brother) (Poet, Photographer)
Art Pop, Art Rock, Experimental Pop, Pop Rock, Avant-Pop
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Synthesisers
Kate has released her music with various record labels including Harvest Records, EMI Records Ltd., Fish People, Columbia Records, Concord Records, and Parlophone Records Limited.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bush has dated –
- David Gilmour
- Steve Blacknell
- Del Palmer (1978-1993) – Kate was in a long-term relationship with bassist and engineer Del Palmer.
- Peter Gabriel – RUMOR
- Danny McIntosh (1993-Present) – She had married a man named Danny McIntosh in 1993, with whom she has a son named Bertie (b. Albert McIntosh).
Race / Ethnicity
She has English ancestry on her father’s side and Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Beautiful eyes
- Thin upper lip
- Her light and airy tone
She has been featured in the commercials for various brands including Seiko and Aerial.
Kate Bush Facts
- She spent most of her childhood on a farmhouse in East Wickham, located next to the town of Welling.
- Kate’s artistic nature came naturally as her mother was a dancer and her father, a pianist.
- She attended an all-girls Catholic school.
- It was musician and guitarist David Gilmour of Pink Floyd who discovered Kate’s talent when her family demo tape was turned down by several labels. David then went on to help her record many more tracks professionally.
- It was EMI Group Limited that presented Kate with her very first major contract deal.
- At Goldsmith College, she earned the nickname of “Ee-ee” as she would utter the word instead of the Japanese term “Kiai” that is used in martial arts while executing a move.
- She was brought up a Roman Catholic.
- Bush is a self-taught pianist, who began learning to play the instrument at the mere age of 11. Aside from that, she is also skilled at playing the violin and organ.
- On February 17, 1978, Kate released her debut album titled The Kick Inside that consisted of one of her number 1 hit songs titled Wuthering Heights. From there onwards, she went on to release several other albums, some of which are Lionheart (1978), Never for Ever (1980), The Dreaming (1982), Hounds of Love (1985), The Sensual World (1989), The Red Shoes (1993), and Aerial (2005).
- She is a vegetarian.
Featured Image By Katebushnew.com Forum / CC BY-SA 3.0