|Richard Fortus Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1966|
Richard Fortus is an American musician, guitarist, songwriter, and producer who is best known for being a member of the globally acknowledged and multi-awards winner hard rock band, Guns N’ Roses, which also includes Axl Rose, Duff McKagan, Slash, Dizzy Reed, Frank Ferrer, and Melissa Reese.
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Saint Louis County, Missouri, United States
Richard Fortus attended the Conservatory of the Arts in St. Louis and later got enrolled at Southern Illinois University.
Musician, Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer
- Father – He was one of the owners of a company called St Louis Music.
- Mother – She sang and played piano.
As a member of Guns N’ Roses, Richard Fortus has been managed by Alan Niven and Doug Goldstein.
Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Post-Punk, Heavy Metal, New Wave
Guitar, Violin, Vocals, Bass, Drums
Atlantic, Geffen Records, UMG, Uzi Suicide, Black Frog
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Richard Fortus has dated –
- Jen Fortus – He was in a relationship with model Jen Fortus in the past and they were blessed with their first child, a daughter named Paisley Piper Fortus, on November 5, 2005. Later, on January 6, 2008, they became parents for the 2nd time to a daughter named Clover Blue Fortus.
- Stephanie Howlett (2016-Present) – He got married to the St. Louis-based attorney, Stephanie Howlett, on December 10, 2016, and they have been together since then.
Race / Ethnicity
- Straight hair
- Lean frame
Richard Fortus Favorite Things
- Some Of His All-Time Favorite Bands – Thin Lizzy, Psychedelic Furs
- One Of His Favorite Guitarist Players – Peter Frampton
Source – GlideMagazine.com
Richard Fortus Facts
- His interest in music developed at a very early age and he was 4 years old when he started taking violin lessons and when he was 5 years old, Richard Fortus started learning the drums.
- While growing up, he used to play in many youth symphonies in the St. Louis area.
- In 1984, he formed the band named The Eyes (later: Pale Divine) and later, its only album, Straight to Goodbye, was released.
- Richard Fortus became a member of the band, Love Spit Love, in 1992 alongside musicians Richard Butler and Frank Ferrer and the band released a handful of albums and tracks which included Trysome Eatone, Love Spit Love, Change in the Weather, and Am I Wrong.
- With Guns N’ Roses, he worked on the band’s 6th studio album, Chinese Democracy, which was released on November 23, 2008, through Black Frog and Geffen Records. It topped several weekly charts including US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, US Top Hard Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, and European Top 100 chart.
- Richard Fortus has been a huge fan of Peter Frampton, the English rock musician, singer, songwriter, producer, and guitarist, and has also credited him as one of his influences.
- He was in a horrific motorcycle crash in September 2015 and suffered a broken shoulder blade, a broken collarbone, 6 broken ribs, a broken toe, a bruised lung, a lacerated liver, and a concussion.
Featured Image by Saivu Music / Flickr / CC BY 2.0