|Kizzy Crawford Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kizzy Crawford is a British singer, songwriter, musician, actor, and producer who started composing songs when she was 13 years old. Her discography consists of The Starling, Temporary Zone, Shout Out / Yr Alwad, Golden Brown, Pili Pala, Rhydd, Imago, Birdsong / Can Yr Adar, and The Way I Dream. In addition to that, Kizzy Crawford has also branched out as an actor and has been cast in shows such as Keeping Faith and Gwaith/Cartref.
Kizzy Meriel Crawford
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actor, Producer
- Siblings – Eädyth (Sister). Kizzy Crawford also has a younger brother.
Kizzy Crawford has been signed with BDi Music.
Folk, Soul, Pop, Indie, Jazz
Guitar, Bass, Violin, Vocals
Freestyle Records, Sain Records, Basho Records
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
Kizzy Crawford is of Welsh, English, and Barbadian descent.
She stated in a 2013 press interview: “I have a fantastic cultural heritage to be proud of – Welsh, English and Barbadian; and this is reflected in my music as well as drawing on soul, indie, folk, jazz and songs and songwriters from the ’60s and ’70s”.
Kizzy Crawford Facts
- Her parents divorced in 1999.
- Her mother hails from the southeast of England while her father’s family is from Barbados.
- Kizzy Crawford joined YouTube with her self-titled channel on November 27, 2009.
- She won the Arts Connect Original Singer-Songwriter prize in 2012.
- In 2017, Kizzy Crawford brought to life the character of Shea in an episode of the Welsh-language television drama series Gwaith/Cartref (English: Home/Work).
- She performed live with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and at Cambridge Folk Festival in 2017.
- She was cast in the recurring role of PC Emma Jones in the British thriller television series Keeping Faith in 2017. The show’s lead cast includes Eve Myles, Hannah Daniel, Matthew Gravelle, Bradley Freegard, Mark Lewis Jones, Aneirin Hughes, and Mali Harries.
- Kizzy Crawford’s first album titled The Way I Dream was released in 2019 through Freestyle Records.
- Along with her sister Eädyth, Kizzy Crawford sang Calon Lân at a rally in Merthyr Tydfil expressing her support for Welsh independence by YesCymru in September 2019.
- Kizzy was diagnosed with autism at the age of 26.
Featured Image by Rhys Thomas/Ochr 1/Antena / antena.co.uk / CC BY-SA 4.0