|Matthew Goode Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1978|
Matthew Goode is an English actor and voice artist who is known for playing Finley “Finn” Polmar in the legal and political drama television series The Good Wife, Tom in the drama film Burning Man, Stanley Mitchell in the television drama Dancing on the Edge, Charlie Stoker in the psychological thriller film Stoker, Matthew Clairmont in the fantasy series A Discovery of Witches, Hugh Alexander in the historical drama film The Imitation Game, George Wickham in the 3-part television drama Death Comes to Pemberley, Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias in the superhero film Watchmen, Henry Talbot in the historical drama series Downton Abbey, Philip Durrant in the 3-part BBC drama Ordeal by Innocence, Peter Beaumont in the drama film Official Secrets, Ben Calder in the romantic comedy film Chasing Liberty, and Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon in the historical drama series The Crown.
Matthew William Goode
Exeter, Devon, England, United Kingdom
Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Matthew Goode studied at Exeter School, an independent school located in Exeter, Devon. Then, he attended the University of Birmingham and London’s Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art.
Actor, Voice Artist
- Father – Anthony (Geologist)
- Mother – Jennifer Cowling (Nurse, Amateur Theatre Director)
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
- Others – Sally Meen (Older Maternal Half-Sister) (Television Presenter). Matthew also has 2 older half-brothers.
Matthew Goode has been repped by Dalzell and Beresford Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $6 Million.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Goode has dated –
- Margot Molinari (2004-2005) – He was romantically involved with Margot Molinari between 2004 and 2005.
- Sophie Dymoke – He is married to Sophie Dymoke and they parent 3 children – 2 daughters named Matilda Eve Goode (b. March 1, 2009) and Teddie Eleanor Rose Goode (b. September 2013) and a son named Ralph Goode (b. August 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Matthew Goode is of English descent.
Matthew Goode Favorite Things
- Band – Coldplay
- Movie – The Last Waltz (1978)
Source – IMDb
Matthew Goode Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in the village of Clyst St. Mary, near Exeter.
- He co-starred as Tom Hewett in the 2005 psychological thriller film Match Point, written and directed by Woody Allen.
- Alongside Mia Wasikowska, Nicole Kidman, Dermot Mulroney, and Jacki Weaver, Matthew Goode co-starred as Charles “Charlie” Stoker in the 2013 psychological thriller film Stoker. This role won him the Fangoria Chainsaw Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He appeared as Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon, a photographer and filmmaker, in the historical drama series The Crown in 2017. For this performance, Goode was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series” as well as a Gold Derby Award for “Best Drama Guest Actor”.
- He provided vocals to the character of Wolf in the English dub of the 2017 French/Belgian animated anthology comedy film The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales… (French: Le Grand Méchant Renard et autres contes…).
- In 2021, Matthew Goode played Simon, husband of Nell and father of Art, Hardy, and Thomas, in the 2021 black comedy apocalyptic Christmas film Silent Night. He co-starred in the film alongside the likes of Keira Knightley, Roman Griffin Davis, Annabelle Wallis, Lily-Rose Depp, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, and Lucy Punch.
- Matthew Goode voiced the character of Raymond in the 2022 adult stop-motion animated anthology film The House.
- He has been friends with Laurence Fox, Ben Whishaw, and Benedict Cumberbatch.
Featured Image by Gordon Correll / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0