|Jacki Weaver Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1947|
Jacki Weaver is an Australian actor, voice actor, and theatre artist who has been cast in a variety of films such as The Five-Year Engagement, Silver Linings Playbook, Animal Kingdom, The Voices, Magic in the Moonlight, The Polka King, The Disaster Artist, Life of the Party, Out of Blue, Bird Box, The Grudge, American Murderer, and Father Stu. She has also worked on several television projects like Wandjina!, Homicide, Yellowstone, Hello Tomorrow!, Gracepoint, Bloom, Who Do You Think You Are?, Secret City, Hammer Bay, Satisfaction, House Rules, and Perpetual Grace, LTD.
Jacqueline Ruth Weaver
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Jacki Weaver studied at Hornsby Girls’ High School, a government-funded academically selective secondary day school for girls located in Hornsby. She served as the Dux of her school.
After that, she earned a scholarship to study sociology at university but she decided to instead embark on a career in acting.
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – Arthur Weaver (Solicitor)
- Mother – Edith (née Simpson)
- Siblings – Rod Weaver (Brother)
- Others – William Joseph Onions (Paternal Grandfather), Grace Weaver (Paternal Grandmother), Jackson Simpson (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth Brown Lawden (Maternal Grandmother)
Jacki Weaver has been signed with ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, she has a net worth of $2 Million as of 2023.
4 ft 11½ in or 151 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jacki Weaver has dated –
- David Price (1966-1970) – She married David Price in the year 1966 but the couple later divorced in 1970.
- John Walters (1969-1970) – Jacki Weaver had a relationship with John Walters between 1969 and 1970 and they have a son named Dylan Walters who was born in 1969.
- Richard Wherrett (1971-1974) – Between 1971 and 1974, she was romantically involved with stage director Richard Wherrett (known as the director of the Sydney Theatre Company).
- Max Hensser (1975-1977) – In 1975, she tied the knot with Max Hensser but this marriage also ended in divorce in 1977.
- Phil Davis (1977-1981) – She started going out with Phil Davis (a former Sydney crime reporter, Canberra Press Secretary, and executive producer) in 1977. However, the romance eventually ended and they parted ways in 1981.
- Derryn Hinch (1983-1998) – From 1983 to 1998, Jacki Weaver was married to her 3rd husband Derryn Hinch (a New Zealand-born media personality, politician, actor, journalist, and published author). The duo even renewed their vows before their divorce.
- Sean Taylor (2003-Present) – Jacki Weaver got married to her 4th husband Sean Taylor in 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
Jacki Weaver is of English, Scottish, and some Irish descent.
- Short height
- Arched eyebrows
Jacki Weaver Facts
- Along with Ben Mendelsohn, Joel Edgerton, Guy Pearce, Luke Ford, Sullivan Stapleton, and James Frecheville, Jacki Weaver co-starred as Janine “Smurf” Cody in the 2010 crime drama film Animal Kingdom. For this performance, she won many awards like the Australian Film Institute Award for “Best Actress in a Leading Role”, the Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture”, and the Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for “Best Supporting Actress”. Moreover, she was also nominated for an Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Critics’ Choice Movie Award, and Saturn Award.
- She co-starred as Dolores Solitano in the 2012 American romantic comedy-drama film Silver Linings Playbook and this role got her nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Jacki Weaver received the Longford Lyell Award for lifetime achievement at the 2014 AACTA Awards.
- Her theatre credits include having been cast in productions of plays like The Imaginary Invalid, Peter Pan, A Wish is a Dream, You Never Can Tell, The Removalists, The Seagull, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Real Thing, and Six Degrees of Separation.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0