|Kim Ok-vin Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|January 3, 1987
Kim Ok-vin is a South Korean actor and screenwriter who started her acting career by playing the role of Park Young-eon in the horror film, Voice, in 2005. Since then, she has been cast in many other roles which include Seol-ji in the comic action film The Accidental Gangster and the Mistaken Courtesan, Tae Al-ha in the historical fantasy series Arthdal Chronicles, Kim Dan in the mystery horror thriller drama series Children of a Lesser God, Tae-ju in the horror film Thirst, Gong Soo-kyung in the courtroom drama film Minority Opinion, Lee Hwa-sun in the fantasy thriller mystery series Dark Hole, Jeong Hee-su in the romantic drama series Over the Rainbow, Princess So-hee/Moo-young in historical action drama series The Blade and Petal, Kang Yoo-na in the crime comedy series Steal Heart, and Han Dong-hwa in the comic heist film Over My Dead Body.
Suncheon, South Jeolla Province, South Korea
Kim Ok-vin attended Kyung Hee University.
Growing up, she also trained in martial arts and has attained 3rd dan in Hapkido and 2nd dan in Taekwondo.
- Siblings – Chae Seo-jin (Younger Sister) (Actor). Kim Ok-vin has one more younger sibling.
Kim Ok-vin has been repped by Studio Santa Claus Entertainment.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $10 Million.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Ok-vin has dated –
- Lee Hee-joon – She was romantically involved with actor Lee Hee-joon in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Ok-vin is of South Korean descent.
Kim Ok-vin Facts
- She is the oldest of 3 siblings.
- She once revealed that while working on Over the Rainbow, she only ate one meal a day. Kim Ok-vin’s character in the show also required her to sing and master difficult breakdance moves.
- She played the role of Tae-ju in Thirst in 2009 and this role won her the award for “Best Actress” at the 42nd Sitges Film Festival. She was also nominated for the 46th Baeksang Arts Award and 30th Blue Dragon Film Award for “Best Actress” as well as Fangoria Chainsaw Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Praising her performance in Thirst, Richard Corliss of Time stated, “It’s the lovely Kim, just 22, who is the revelation here. She can play — no, she can be — a creature of mute docility, then searching ardor, then explosive eroticism, then murderous intent. She is Lady Chatterley and Lady Macbeth in one smoldering package.”
- Kim Ok-vin takes interest in cars and motorcycles, speed racing, building computers, and sports such as soccer and baseball.
- She has appeared in the music videos for songs like A Cold Heart by Lee Seung-chul, Dangerous Love by Lena Park, Absentmindedly by Zi-A, and Tomorrow by Hwanhee.
- In addition to Hapkido and Taekwondo, Kim Ok-vin has also practiced Muay Thai and boxing.
- She is ambidextrous.
Featured Image by KIYOUNG KIM / Flickr / CC BY 2.0