|Alice Evans Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1968|
Alice Evans is an English–American actress who is best known for her work in films such as Monsieur Naphtali (1999), 102 Dalmatians (2000), The Abduction Club (2002), Hollywood Dreams (2006), and Liars All (2013). She is also well recognized for her portrayal of characters such as Clara in the French sitcom Elisa Top Modèle (1996-1999), Eloise Hawking in the drama TV series Lost (2009), Esther Mikaelson in the supernatural teen drama TV series The Vampire Diaries (2011-2012), and Esther Mikaelson in the fantasy supernatural drama TV series The Originals (2014-2015).
Alice Jane Evans
Summit, Union County, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She holds dual nationality.
Alice, after her high school graduation, had joined the University College London, a constituent institution of the federal University of London. She had graduated from there with a 2:1 (Upper Second Class Honours) in French and Italian.
She had then attended the Cours Florent, a private French drama school in Paris.
- Father – David Evans (Former Professor of Applied Mathematics at Bristol University)
- Mother – Janet Evans (Teacher of English Literature) (d. 1999)
- Siblings – Philip Evans (Brother), Anthony Evans (Brother)
- Others – Peter Gruffudd (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Teacher), Gillian Gruffudd (née James) (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Teacher), Alun Gruffudd (Ex-Brother-in-Law), Siwan Gruffudd (Ex-Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alice has dated –
- Olivier Widmaier Picasso (1991–1999) – Between 1991 and 1999, Alice was in a relationship with Olivier Widmaier Picasso, the grandson of the iconic Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, and theatre designer Pablo Picasso. They used to live together in Paris and were even engaged but had eventually parted ways in 1999.
- Ioan Gruffudd (1999-2021) – Alice began dating Welsh actor Ioan Gruffudd in 1999 despite the fact that, at that time, she was in a relationship with Olivier. They had met for the first time on the sets of the movie 102 Dalmatians (2000) and began dating soon after. They got engaged on New Year’s Day in 2006 after Alice had given him an ultimatum that she would no longer ‘hang around’ with him if they did not get married soon. The couple eventually tied the knot on September 14, 2007, in a ceremony in Mexico. They have 2 daughters together named Ella Betsi Janet Evans Gruffudd (b. September 6, 2009), and Elsie Marigold Evans Gruffudd (b. September 13, 2013). After more than 2 decades together, the couple had announced that they were separating, in January 2021. In March 2021, the couple officially filed for divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Plump lips
Alice Evans Facts
- The year 1999 was a bittersweet one for Alice. She had landed her first major English-language feature film 102 Dalmatians (2000) but her mother had died of a heart attack the day before her final screen test for that role.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in English, French, and Italian and has performed acting roles in all 3 languages. She can also speak Spanish quite well.
- A long time resident of Los Angeles, she has written several bi-monthly columns in the UK edition of Glamour magazine talking about her experiences as an English actress in Hollywood.
- She suffers from tipulophobia, irrational fear of crane flies.
Featured Image by Alice Evans / Instagram