|Jane Seymour Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 15, 1951|
Jane Seymour is a British-American actress, entrepreneur, and author who is best known for portraying roles such as Solitaire in Live and Let Die, Emma Callon in The Onedin Line, Addison Walker in The Guardians of Justice, Marjorie Chisholm Armagh in Captains and the Kings, and Cathy/Kate Ames in East of Eden. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Young Winston, Battlestar Galactica, La Révolution française, Wedding Crashers, Blind Dating, The Family Tree, Fifty Shades of Black, Better Start Running, Seventh Avenue, The Phantom of the Opera, Dharma & Greg, How I Met Your Mother, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Jane the Virgin, Men at Work, and many more. For her acting skills, Jane has been honored with numerous awards such as the Saturn Award, Golden Globe Award, and Emmy Award.
Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg
Hayes, Middlesex, London, England
Seymour received her education from the Arts Educational School, Tring, Hertfordshire.
Film and TV actress, author
- Father – John Benjamin Frankenberg (Obstetrician)
- Mother – Mieke (van Tricht) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Anne Gould (Younger Sister), Sally Frankenberg (Younger Sister)
She is managed by Guttman Associates.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jane Seymour dated –
- She met her first boyfriend due to their common interest in stamp collecting.
- Mick Jagger – Jane was RUMORed to have been in a relationship with English actor and musician Mick Jagger.
- Michael Attenborough (1971-1973) – She started dating English theater director and actor, Richard Attenborough‘s son Michael Attenborough in 1971. The two got married the same year and separated in 1973.
- Geoffrey Planer (1977-1978) – Jane married businessman Geoffrey Planer in 1977 and the two got divorced in 1978.
- David Flynn (1981-1992) – Seymour got married to author David Flynn in 1981. They had two children named Katherine Flynn (b. January 7, 1982) who is an actress and Sean Flynn (b. July 31, 1985). Jane and David split in 1992.
- James Keach (1993-2015) – She married American actor James Keach in 1993. They had twins John Stacy and Kristopher Steven (b. November 30, 1995). Their children were named after the couple’s close friends Johnny Cash and Christopher Reeve and James’s brother Stacy Keach. They announced their separation on April 12, 2013. The two officially divorced in December 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Right Eye – Brown
- Left Eye – Green
- Long brown hair
- Crooked smile
- Different colored eyes
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
Her print ads include –
- Clairol Loving Care hair care products advertisement in 1998.
- Pistachios grown in California from 2005-2006.
- In 2008, Jane was seen in the Natural Advantage skincare system ad.
- She was next seen in papers in 2009, in ads for her own label Open Hearts jewelry for Kay Jewelers.
Jane’s TV commercials include –
- Le Jardin Fragrance perfume in 1983 and Le Jardin d’amour perfume in 1987.
- In 1996, she did commercials for Clairol Loving Care.
- Gerber Baby Food in 2000.
- In 2001, she appeared in Bioganic commercials.
- She was seen in Avandia (Rosiglitazone Maleate), Type II diabetic medication in 2001.
- She appeared in commercials for Open Hearts jewelry for Kay Jewelers in 2008-2009.
Her infomercials include –
- She played hostess for anti-aging product line Natural Advantage from 2006-2008. Other actors who were part of this infomercial included her siblings Anne Gould and Sally, mother Mieke Frankenberg, Jacklyn Zeman, Cheri Ingle and Denise Wingate.
- In 2015, she played hostess for Crepe-Erase skin-care system. The infomercial also featured Dr. Jame Heskett, Kim Parrish, and Dorothy Hamill.
Jane became the new face of the CC fashion label in 2008 replacing Selina Scott.
She is the celebrity ambassador for Childhelp, an NGO helping abused and neglected children.
She is UNICEF’s official celebrity spokesperson.
Best Known For
Among some of her best-known performances are in the James Bond movie Live and Let Die (1973), Somewhere In Time (1980), East of Eden (1981), Onassis: The Richest Man in the World (1988) and War and Remembrance (1988), the 1989 political thriller.
She also became well-known for playing the character of Marie Antoinette in the political thriller La Révolution française (1989) and Wedding Crashers (2005). She is also famous for her American television series Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (1993–1998).
Seymour’s first film was Richard Attenborough’s Oh! What a Lovely War (1969) for her role as Chorus Girl. It was uncredited.
First TV Show
She debuted on television in 1970 with show Here Come the Double Deckers. She played the role as Alice in the “Scooper Strikes Out” episode.
Her first book Guide to Romantic Living was published in 1986.
Jane Seymour does not have a fitness trainer. She believes in healthy living and stays fit with a control over her diet and some exercise.
She works out three days a week and does Pilates, Gyrotonics, and lightweights. She also practices fast walk. Jane uses the reclining bicycle and the elliptical machine.
I tend to have the same weight and have never gone on a weight-loss diet.
She normally eats only organic food that is grown in her garden. She eats blueberries, blackberries and drinks kale, ginger, apples, and carrot juices in the morning. Jane eats chicken or fish and salad with a homemade vinaigrette made from balsamic vinegar. Jane normally has two cups of coffee and a lot of water. When she wants a carbonated drink, she adds Pellegrino and lime to her juice.
She also prefers a glass of wine at times but completely refrains from drinking liquor and smoking.
Jane Seymour Favorite Things
- Food – Garlic, Smoked salmon with really kind of nutty bread, hard bread with lots of grains
- All-time Favorite Songs – Bohemian Rhapsody (By Queen), Imagine (By John Lennon), Without You (By Harry Nilsson)
- Pastime – Painting
Source – HealthyLivingMagazine.us, Instagram.com, IMDb.com
Jane Seymour Facts
- Her screen name has been taken from the third wife of King Henry VIII and she kept it because it was more marketable.
- Jane was born a heterochromia i.e. both her eyes are of different colors. While her right eye is brown, her left one is green.
- She started with dance training in her childhood and debuted in the London Festival Ballet at the age of 13.
- She loves art and color and thus became a successful designer.
- On April 20, 1999, she received a Hollywood Walk of Fame star.
- Jane Seymour received the Officer of the British Empire (OBE) in 2000. The title was bestowed on the actress at Buckingham Palace by Queen Elizabeth II.
- She was ranked 10th in the Top 10 Bond Babes list by IGN.
- She gained naturalized citizenship of the United States in February 2005.
- The actress is the American Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet member.
- She founded the Open Hearts Foundation in 2010 which helps communities in need on a global platform.
- She owns Jane Seymour Designs, a lifestyle brand inspired by her own personal art and general lifestyle.
- She is good friends with Shawn Toovey and Chad Allen.
- Jane has published a variety of books such as Jane Seymour’s Guide to Romantic Living, Yum!: A Tale of Two Cookies, Making Yourself at Home: Finding Your Style and Putting It All Together, Open Hearts: If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In, and many more.
- Jane was born with flat feet and a speech impediment.
- At the age of 6, she was working as an auxiliary nurse at a hospital. By 10, she had started watching surgeries.
- At 7, she had her own microscope because she loved science very much.
- At 12, she had gone to Hungary all by herself (as her parents were not supportive of her going to Hungary) because she was offered a place at Hungarian National Ballet.
- At 15, she had started her own clothing company. She used to make her own clothes and would wear vintage clothes, way before they came in fashion.
- As a small child, she loved ant farms, beehives, and tadpoles.
- She is also a successful furniture designer. Her furniture line in collaboration with Michael Amini is one of the best-selling brands in the Middle East.
- While studying, she was not good at P.E. According to her, she could only climb a rope.
- Growing up, she disliked prawns. However, with the passage of time, they became her favorite.
- As a part of her partnership with JTV, she designed the Open Hearts necklace.
- Jane likes doing scuba diving and snorkeling.
- She doesn’t like people who drive too fast.
- On the very first day of filming, she is generally afraid. However, with time, she feels comfortable.
- She had once hit the impossible sand shot, in a celebrity golf tournament, where the ball had directly gone in the hole.
- Growing up, she had cravings for pickles, unlike many children who generally crave chocolate.
- Apart from painting and designing, she loves sculpting.
- Because of her different colored eyes, she lost her first film role. However, her agent was confident that she would be famous one day because of heterochromia.
- She can speak and understand different languages such as French, Dutch, a little bit of Spanish, German, Italian, and Hungarian.
- In school, she used to be an introverted person.