|Ruth Langsford Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1960|
Ruth Langsford is a British television host, presenter, narrator, and co-host, best known for working on Channel 5, ITV1, and QVC. Precisely, she’s a TV anchor on a lunchtime discussion show Loose Women on ITV1. Other notable shows are long-lasting series such as QVC’s Ruth Langsford’s Fashion Edit as well as Gift Wrapped, Lorraine, Do the Right Thing and others. Viewers also recognize her for hosting 2 TV shows with her husband – How the Other Half Lives, and Do The Right Thing with Eamonn and Ruth, both praised for their entertainment value.
Ruth Wendy Langsford
Wendy, Little Turkey
Weybridge, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Ruth moved a lot when she was young, and thus attended different schools. In fact, she and her sister went to about 7 British Army schools before she turned 8.
Afterward, a Royal Soldiers’ Daughters’ School in Hampstead took them in. The rest of her education was finished at both Hampstead Parochial and Grey Coat primary schools.
She then attended Saltash School in Cornwall before leaving the school system at 16 years of age.
Television Host, Presenter
- Father – Dennis Langsford (Deceased)
- Mother – Joan Langsford
- Siblings – Julia Johnson (Sister)
Ruth Langsford is managed by Talking Heads Voices UK.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ruth has dated –
- Eamonn Holmes (1997-Present) – Ruth enjoyed a peaceful, turbulence-free dating life. She fell in love with her then boyfriend (after they starting dating in 1997), now husband, Eamonn Holmes, and enjoys a happy married life. Their engagement was also announced live on their TV Show, This Morning, to the viewers’ pleasure. Soon after that, they got married on June 26, 2010, at Elvetham Hall in Hampshire. The couple has a son Jack Alexander Holmes who was born relatively late in her life, in 2002.
Race / Ethnicity
- Bob haircut
- Beautiful white teeth
Throughout the years, she’s done a few brand endorsements such as –
- Personal clothing line at QVC UK
- Playtex (2011)
- Tesco food campaign
- SCS sofas TV commercial (2007)
- Clarivu vision correction TV commercial (2013)
She has worked with several charities to raise awareness. Some of those are –
- Dogs Trust (2012)
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Dementia Friends TV advertisement (2014)
- Hyde Park Adidas Women’s 5K
- Bupa Great Capital Run
- Memory Walk
Best Known For
Being a TV anchor in Loose Women, as well as Gift Wrapped and This Morning
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as a presenter on The West at Work in 1993.
Following a tease from her husband that she was too fat, which was controversial, she took matters into her own hands. Hiring FitwithFrank company’s CEO, Frank, was a massive success when it comes to her routine.
Ruth started working out in the gym but prefers doing workouts at home, which is evident from her Instagram posts. The exercises are mostly directed towards her lower body – specifically thighs and butt, as well as toning the arms and stomach.
Ruth Langsford Facts
- She has a dog named Maggie. The dog was adopted from a Dogs Trust charity back in 2011 and is a part of her life ever since.
- She left school at the age of 16 to pursue other hobbies and interests.
- At the age of 22, she got a job in the office of a TV station. After being offered a chance to be on the screen, her dad encouraged her to give it a try, and it worked out incredibly.
- Ruth caught the smoking habit in the school. After her dad found out, he gave her a lecture but couldn’t give her a punishment as he was a smoker himself.
- Ruth and her husband are hosts of a TV Show on ITV1 called This Morning, where they constantly share new details about their relationship.
- She has got a private nickname “Chicken Dumpling” from her husband.
- Ruth claims she freely walks around the neighborhood with no makeup on. Ruth isn’t treated as a celebrity walking on the street and doesn’t receive any special treatment from the neighbors.
- She is a keen gardener, both on-screen (The Answer Lies in the Soil on ITV and The Great British Garden Show on BBC2) and in private.
- Her passion for cooking is evident in TV series such as Marcon’s Kitchen Burn Out, Market Kitchen, and Ten Mile Menu. She also regularly posts videos of her home cooking tutorials to treat her followers.
- Ruth is passionate about fashion and has attended many fashion-related events and launches, most notably Playtex re-launch in 2011. On top of that, she posts outfit ideas and suggestions via her social media.
- Her dad suffered from Alzheimer’s, which is one of the reasons she dedicated a lot of charity work to an organization that deals with that disease.
- Visit her official website @ officialruthlangsford.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and see what she has to say on Twitter.
Featured Image by Ruths Langsford / Instagram