Moga, Punjab, India
Sonu Sood got his school education from the Sacred Heart School in Moga. After completing his school education, he got admission at the Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering in Nagpur from where he graduated with an Electronic engineering degree.
Actor, model, film producer
- Father – Shakti Sood (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Saroj Sood (Teacher)
- Siblings – Monika Sood (Older Sister) (Scientist), Malvika Sood (Younger Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
91 kg or 201 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sonu Sood has dated
- Sonali Sood (1996-Present) – Sonu Sood made his relationship official with Sonali with a wedding ceremony in September 1996. Sonali doesn’t have a Bollywood background. Sonu and Sonali are blessed with two sons – Ishant and Ayaan.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
- Tall and muscular physique
- Dimpled cheeks
- Prominent nose
12 (UK) or 13 (US) (via Mid-Day)
Sonu Sood has appeared in TV commercials for
- Apollo Tyres
- Airtel (Telecommunication Company)
- Texmo Pipe Fittings along with Sonal Chauhan
- Yepme Sports Wear
- Baba Signature Vest, etc.
He has also endorsed –
- Swiss Eagle watches
- IG International (Fresh Fruit Importer) (in January 2017).
Best Known For
- Playing the negative role as Chhedi Singh in Dabangg (2010)
- Portraying Pasupathi in the Telugu dark fantasy movie, Arundhati (2009)
Sonu made his first film appearance in Tamil film Kallazhagar in 1999 in the role of Soumya Narayanan (Priest).
First TV Show
Sood hasn’t acted on television shows, just appeared in award shows, comedy, and talk shows as a guest.
Sonu Sood is regular at the gym and rarely misses out on workout routines designed by his trainer Yogesh Bhateja. His gym sessions last around two and half hours and start with a 30 minutes cardio session.
The cardio session is followed by functional training and cross-training. He lays emphasis on using free weights and bodyweight for his workout. Although he tries to strike a balance between lower and upper body training, but off late, he has stepped out his lower body training to tackle his back problem.
Apart from weight training, he also loves performing yoga. On weekends and holidays, he likes to head out with his cycle, often covering up to 40 km in a stretch.
When it comes to diet, he tries to eat six meals a day with each meal separated by two-hour intervals. The main components of his diet are fruits, oatmeal, and omelets.
The lunch comprises of dal, salad and a bowl of brown rice. He prefers fruits and coconut oil for evening snacks.
For dinner, he eats egg whites accompanied by a protein shake.
Sonu Sood Favorite Things
- Food – Punjabi Food
- Role Models – Sylvester Stallone, Salman Khan
- Shoes – Christian Louboutin, Fendi, Giuseppe Zanotti, Gucci, G-Star, Pierre Hardy
Source – TellyChakkar.com, Mid-Day.com
Sonu Sood Facts
- In 1997, he was cast in the role of famous Indian comic superhero Naag Raj (Pralay) in a TV advert for the promotion of the TV series.
- In 2012, he started a production company named Sonu Sood Productions with his friend Ajay Dhama. But the first film Lucky, Unlucky was shelved so was the production house.
- In July 2016, he established another production house, Shakti Sagar Productions, which was named in honor of his father.
- Sood considers the 2010 hit movie, Dabangg as the turning point of his career.
- In 2015, he gifted 50 bicycles to the members of the gym in his hometown Moga. The gesture was inspired by Salman Khan, who gifted 200 cycles to children during the shooting of Dabangg.
- He got his own statue at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in 2016.
- He likes collecting shoes and has over 400 pairs of shoes.
- In January 2021, the BMC had filed a complaint against Sonu for allegedly converting a residential building in Juhu into a hotel without the mandatory permissions. However, he denied the allegations and claimed that he had all the permissions and was only waiting for clearance from the Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA).
- In April 2021, he launched the initiative, “Sanjeevani – A Shot of Life” to encourage people to get vaccinated and also received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as part of the launch.