|Sonu Sood Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1973|
Sonu Sood is an Indian actor, film producer, model, humanitarian, and philanthropist who has worked mainly in Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil films. Over the years, he has been cast in films like Jodhaa Akbar, Dabangg, Arundhati, Shootout at Wadala, R… Rajkumar, Simmba, Happy New Year, Vishnuvardhana, Bbuddah… Hoga Tera Baap, Julai, Kurukshetra, Kung Fu Yoga, Hands Up!, Zindagi Khoobsurat Hai, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero, Raja, Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Divorce: Not Between Husband and Wife, Singh Is Kinng, Ashok, Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge, Ek Vivah Aisa Bhi, City of Life, Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?, Entertainment, Ishq Positive, Xuanzang, and Sita. During the COVID-19 pandemic, he provided aid and assistance to a number of causes and was chosen for the ‘SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award’ by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for his humanitarian works in September 2020.
Moga, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sonu Sood got his school education from the Sacred Heart School in Moga. After completing his school education, he got admission to the Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering in Nagpur from where he graduated with an Electronic Engineering degree.
Actor, Model, Film Producer, Humanitarian, Philanthropist
- Father – Shakti Sood (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Saroj Sood (Teacher)
- Siblings – Monika Sood (Older Sister) (Scientist), Malvika Sood (Younger Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
91 kg or 201 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sonu Sood has dated –
- Sonali Sood (1996-Present) – Sonu Sood made his relationship official with Sonali with a wedding ceremony in September 1996. Sonali doesn’t have a Bollywood background. Sonu and Sonali are blessed with two sons – Ishant and Ayaan.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
- Tall and muscular physique
- Dimpled cheeks
- Prominent nose
12 (UK) or 13 (US) (via Mid-Day)
Sonu Sood has appeared in TV commercials for
- Apollo Tyres
- Airtel (Telecommunication Company)
- Texmo Pipe Fittings along with Sonal Chauhan
- Yepme Sports Wear
- Baba Signature Vest, etc.
He has also endorsed –
- Swiss Eagle watches
- IG International (Fresh Fruit Importer) (in January 2017).
Best Known For
- Playing the negative role as Chhedi Singh in Dabangg (2010)
- Portraying Pasupathi in the Telugu dark fantasy movie, Arundhati (2009)
Sonu made his first film appearance in the Tamil film Kallazhagar in 1999 in the role of Soumya Narayanan (Priest).
First TV Show
Sood hasn’t acted on television shows, just appeared in award shows, comedy, and talk shows as a guest.
Sonu Sood is regular at the gym and rarely misses out on workout routines designed by his trainer Yogesh Bhateja. His gym sessions last around two and half hours and start with a 30 minutes cardio session.
The cardio session is followed by functional training and cross-training. He lays emphasis on using free weights and body weight for his workout. Although he tries to strike a balance between lower and upper body training, off late, he has stepped out of his lower body training to tackle his back problem.
Apart from weight training, he also loves performing yoga. On weekends and holidays, he likes to head out with his cycle, often covering up to 40 km in a stretch.
When it comes to diet, he tries to eat six meals a day with each meal separated by two-hour intervals. The main components of his diet are fruits, oatmeal, and omelets.
The lunch comprises of dal, salad and a bowl of brown rice. He prefers fruits and coconut oil for evening snacks.
For dinner, he eats egg whites accompanied by a protein shake.
Sonu Sood Favorite Things
- Food – Punjabi Food
- Role Models – Sylvester Stallone, Salman Khan
- Shoes – Christian Louboutin, Fendi, Giuseppe Zanotti, Gucci, G-Star, Pierre Hardy
Source – TellyChakkar.com, Mid-Day.com
Sonu Sood Facts
- In 1997, he was cast in the role of famous Indian comic superhero Naag Raj (Pralay) in a TV advert for the promotion of the TV series.
- Alongside Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, he co-starred as Jodhaa’s cousin named Rajkumar Sujamal in the 2008 epic historical romance film, Jodhaa Akbar, which centers on the romance between the Mughal Emperor Jalal-ud-din Muhammad Akbar and the Princess Jodhaa Bai who becomes his wife, on a marriage of convenience.
- For his role as Adhishesha in the 2011 comedy thriller named Vishnuvardhana, he was nominated for a SIIMA Award for “Best Actor in a Negative Role – Kannada”.
- In 2012, he started a production company named Sonu Sood Productions with his friend Ajay Dhama. But the first film Lucky, Unlucky was shelved so was the production house.
- In July 2016, he established another production house, Shakti Sagar Productions, which was named in honor of his father.
- Sood considers the 2010 hit movie, Dabangg as the turning point of his career.
- In 2015, he gifted 50 bicycles to the members of the gym in his hometown Moga. The gesture was inspired by Salman Khan, who gifted 200 cycles to children during the shooting of Dabangg.
- He was cast as Emperor Harshavardhana in the 2016 Chinese-Indian historical adventure film, Xuanzang, based on Xuanzang’s seventeen-year overland journey to India during the Tang dynasty in the 7th century.
- He got his own statue at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in 2016.
- He likes collecting shoes and has over 400 pairs of shoes.
- In January 2021, the BMC had filed a complaint against Sonu for allegedly converting a residential building in Juhu into a hotel without the mandatory permissions. However, he denied the allegations and claimed that he had all the permissions and was only waiting for clearance from the Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA).
- In April 2021, he launched the initiative, “Sanjeevani – A Shot of Life” to encourage people to get vaccinated and also received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as part of the launch.
- In April 2021, he was tested positive for coronavirus.
- On July 30, 2021, on his 48th birthday, Sonu expressed his wish to have at least 1000-1500 free hospital beds and 10 times more scholarships for students by his next birthday.
- In September 2021, the Indian Income Tax Department revealed that Sonu and his associates had evaded tax of over INR 20 crore. He replied by saying, “You don’t always have to tell your side of the story…Time will.” Later, he revealed that he had 54,000 unread emails and 1000s of messages on WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Hence, it won’t even take him 18 hours to finish INR 18 crore.
- In September 2021, Sonu revealed that he had often encouraged brands to donate his endorsement fees for humanitarian causes.
- In 2022, he joined the reality show Roadies as the host. Sonu replaced Rannvijay Singha who had served as the host of the show for almost 18 years.
- In February 2022, Sonu was seen carrying a 19-year-old man from the car accident spot in Moga, Punjab in his arms to the hospital.
- In order to help people, he had started an organization named Sood Charity Foundation in 2022.
- In May 2022, Sonu revealed that he once asked for 50 liver transplants (with an equivalent value of INR 12 crore) as endorsement fees to promote Aster Hospitals.