|Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1973|
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is an Indian actor who rose to acclaim as the winner of the Miss World 1994 pageant. Regarded as one of the most popular and influential celebrities in India, she made her acting debut as Pushpavalli/Kalpana in Mani Ratnam’s 1997 Tamil film Iruvar and then made her Hindi film debut by playing Ashi Kapoor in Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya that same year. Her first commercial success was the Tamil romantic drama Jeans (1998), which was the most expensive film to be made in Indian cinema at the time. Over the years, she has gained popularity with her work in movies like Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai, Mohabbatein, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Devdas, Taal, Raincoat, Dhoom 2, Guru, Jodhaa Akbar, Guzaarish, Sarbjit, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, and Dhai Akshar Prem Ke. Moreover, Aishwarya has received numerous accolades including 2 Filmfare Awards as well as was honored with the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2009 and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2012. She has also served as a Goodwill Ambassador for the Joint United Nations Programme on AIDS (UNAIDS).
Aish, Gullu, Ash
Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Aishwarya attended Arya Vidya Mandir Secondary School, Mumbai. Her parents relocated to Mumbai for work and as a result, she did her schooling from there. She started modeling with Camlin pencils when she was in the ninth class. Post to her schooling, she went to Jai Hind College for just a year. During that time, her snaps were taken by her English professor (an amateur photographer) and they were published in one of the fashion magazines. It was the start of her successful modeling career.
Later, she completed her education at The D.G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Matunga, Mumbai. She also enrolled herself in Raheja College of Arts to study architecture. But, again dropped out of that college to pursue a full-time career in modeling.
- Father – Krishnaraj Rai (Marine biologist)
- Mother – Brindya Rai (Writer)
- Siblings – Aditya Rai (Elder Brother) (Works as an engineer at Merchant Navy)
- Others – Ramanna Rai (Paternal Grandfather), Saraswathi Shetty (Paternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $100 Million.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ash has dated –
- Vivek Oberoi – Oberoi, who is 3 years younger than her, dated Aishwarya in the past.
- Salman Khan (1999-2001) – Salman acted in the 1999 film “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam” with Aishwarya. This was the start of their dating relationship. But, later in 2001, it came to an end. Rai reported to the media as Salman abused her – emotionally, physically, and verbally. But, Khan, on the other hand, denied these offenses.
- Martin Henderson (2004) – In 2004, there were RUMORs that she had an affair with New Zealand actor Martin Henderson. The duo co-starred in the 2004 romantic drama film called Bride & Prejudice.
- Abhishek Bachchan (2005-Present) – Finally, Aishwarya married Abhishek. They acted together in the 2006 action film Dhoom 2 and this time, Abhishek fell in love with her. Though this was not the first time the on-screen appearance of the duo. They had appeared together in Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke (2000) and Kuch Naa Kaho (2003). The couple engaged on January 14, 2007, and married on April 20, 2007, according to the rituals of the Bunt community, to which Aishwarya belongs. The marriage ceremony took place in Bachchan’s residence, Prateeksha in Juhu, Mumbai. The couple has one daughter, Aaradhya Bachchan (b. November 16, 2011). She has been nicknamed “Beti B” by the fans.
- Hrithik Roshan (2006) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan in 2006. They have worked together in films like Dhoom 2, Jodhaa Akbar, and Guzaarish.
Race / Ethnicity
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
She may be wearing a shoe of size 7.
She has appeared in TV commercials for Camlin pencils, Fuji films, Pepsi, Coca-Cola (the only female actor to endorse both Pepsi and Coca Cola), Titan Watches, Longines watches, L’Oréal, Lakmé Cosmetics, Casio pager, Philips, Palmolive, Lux, Nakshatra Diamond Jewellery, Kalyan Jewellers, De Beers diamonds.
Best Known For
Acting in Hindi language films like Taal (1999), Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999), Dhoom 2 (2006), Robot (2010), Action Replayy (2010), and others
1997 Tamil language political drama film, Iruvar for her role as Pushpavalli / Kalpana. This film was also dubbed into Telugu Iddaru.
Aishwarya Rai has worked out a lot to make her body get in that shape which people want her to see. This is show business; she has to look good and toned. You may want to read about her dieting and workout habits here.
“I’m just an average woman with average concerns.”
She would like to donate her eyes after death. She explained –
“People know me more because of my eyes. So I decided to donate my eyes. But before that, I acquired all the information about the campaign. Within what time after death one has to donate eyes, and all other information. Only then I decided to donate my eyes. It’s not that just for doing something, I donated my eyes. I found that useful so I did it. I like to do social service from my heart. Whatever is possible I do, but I don’t speak of that. But I would like to give more time to it in the near future.”
Aishwarya Rai Favorite Things
- Food – Likes every cuisine, especially Indian
- Beauty Destination – The cities of Normandy, Paris, Cannes in France.
Source – OddNaari.in, First Post
Aishwarya Rai Facts
- She became Miss Indian as well as Miss World in 1994.
- She is one of the leading contemporary actresses in the Indian film industry.
- Rai was born to a family, who belonged to a Bunt community of Tulu Nadu.
- Aishwarya’s elder brother, who works at the merchant navy had also produced a Hindi film in 2003. It was Dil Ka Rishta, starring her sister, Aishwarya and Arjun Rampal.
- In 1991, she was featured in Vogue magazine – US edition.
- She had earlier thought of pursuing a career in the field of medicine. But, dropped the idea and instead took admission to Raheja College of Arts to study architecture.
- According to a survey conducted by World Watch Report, she is the second most popular watch brand ambassador all over the world.
- She is the first Indian actress to be on the jury of the Cannes International Film Festival.
- She likes to collect wristwatches.
- She had turned down the roles in various films, such as the role of Rani Mukerji in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). The other role which she turned down was in Munnabhai M.B.B.S. (2003), which was later offered to Gracy Singh.
- She has appeared in many English language films like The Pink Panther 2 (2009), The Last Legion (2007), Provoked (2007), Mistress of Spices (2005), and Bride & Prejudice (2004).
- She supports PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) India and is the spokesperson for UN Microcredit.
- She has pledged to donate her eyes to the Eye Bank Association of India after death.