|Vivek Oberoi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1976|
Vivek Oberoi is an Indian actor who is best known for his leading/supporting roles in Hindi language films such as Company (2002), Saathiya (2002), Yuva (2004), Masti (2004), Omkara (2006), Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007), and Rakta Charitra (2010). He has also worked in a few Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Kannada language films in the second half of his career.
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Vivek had attended the Mayo College, a boys-only independent boarding school in Ajmer, Rajasthan before joining the Mithibai College in Mumbai. While he was participating at an actors’ workshop in London, he was spotted by the director of New York University who then invited him to his institution and Vivek later obtained a master’s degree in film acting from there.
- Father – Suresh Oberoi (Actor, Politician)
- Mother – Yashodhara Oberoi
- Siblings – Meghna Oberoi (Sister) (Playback Singer)
- Others – Anand Sarup Oberoi (Paternal Grandfather), Kartar Devi (Paternal Grandmother), Krishnan Oberoi (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Jagmohan Oberoi (Paternal Uncle) (d. 1986), Mahesh Oberoi (Paternal Uncle) (Serial Entrepreneur, Former Table Tennis Player), Madhu Oberoi (Aunt), Akshay Oberoi (Cousin) (Actor), Prithviraj Oberoi (Cousin) (Film Producer, Director, Writer, Poet), Neha Uberoi (Cousin) (Fitness Blogger, Former Professional Tennis Player), Shikha Uberoi (Cousin) (Former Professional Tennis Player), Diya Uberoi (Cousin) (Tennis Player), Nimita Uberoi (Cousin) (Tennis Player), Nikita Uberoi (Cousin) (Professional Tennis Player), Jyothi Vynatheya (Cousin-in-Law) (Business Strategy Consultant), Jeevaraj Alva (Father-in-Law) (Politician, Former Minister in the Government of Karnataka, Former Vice-President of the political party Janata Dal (United), Former Physician) (d. February 2001), Nandini Alva (née Seth) (Mother-in-Law) (Politician, Former Classical Dancer), Aditya Alva (Brother-in-Law) (Politician), K. Nagappa Alva (Grandfather-in-Law) (Politician, Former Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha, Former Minister in the Government of Karnataka) (Deceased)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vivek has dated –
- Gurpreet Gill
- Aishwarya Rai
- Priyanka Alva (2009-Present) – Vivek began dating Priyanka Alva in 2009 and the couple got married on October 29, 2010, in a ceremony in Bengaluru. They have 2 children together – a son named Vivaan Veer Oberoi (b. February 6, 2013) and a daughter named Ameyaa Nirvana Oberoi (b. April 21, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
Vivek Oberoi Facts
- Vivek’s birth name, Vivekanand, was based on Swami Vivekananda, the 19th-century Indian monk and philosopher who is widely credited with the introduction of the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the western world. He had dropped ‘Anand’ from his screen name when he began acting in movies out of respect for his namesake.
- For the portrayal of the character Chandrakant ‘Chandu’ Nagre in the gangster film Company (2002), his very first acting role, he had won 2 honors at the Filmfare Awards – ‘Best Supporting Actor’ and ‘Best Male Debut’.
- In 2011, he had produced a film titled Watch Indian Circus which won the ‘Audience Choice Award for Best Film’ at the 16th Busan Film Festival. It was the first Indian film to have ever won an award at that event.
- He has 2 pet dogs – boxers named Duke and Ivy.
Featured Image by Vivek Oberoi / Instagram