Jai Hemant Shroff
Born Place / Residence
Mumbai, Maharashtra, Mumbai
Tiger Shroff went to the Besant Montessori School in Mumbai.
He also attended American School of Bombay. After completion of school education, he got enrolled at the Amity University in Noida.
Actor and martial artist
- Father – Jackie Shroff (Actor)
- Mother – Ayesha Shroff (Model, Film Producer, Actor)
- Siblings – Krishna Shroff (Younger Sister)
- Others – Kakubhai Haribhai Shroff (Paternal Grandfather), Rita Hurinnisa (Paternal Grandmother), Ranjan Dutt (Maternal Grandfather) (Air vice marshal in Indian Air Force), Claude Marie Dutt De Cavey (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tiger Shroff has dated
- Disha Patani (2016-Present) – According to leading gossip tabloids, Tiger started dating model and actress Disha Patani in 2016. They had grown close while working in the music video of single, Befikra. Tiger and Disha refrained from officially acknowledging their relationship but were often spotted arriving at the red carpet and private events together. In September 2016, it was claimed that their relationship was on rocks. Apparently, his mother didn’t like Disha. However, in spite of such rumors, their subtle show of affection at the public appearances continued unabetted.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Gujarati and Uyghur ancestry. While, on his mother’s side, he is of Belgian and Bengali descent.
- Athletic and ripped physique
- Great dance moves
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
He has advertised for
- Forca flex denims by Lifestyle.
- Macho Innerwear
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having played the lead role in action movies such as Baaghi and Heropanti.
- Being the son of the Bollywood legend Jackie Shroff.
In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut in the lead role in the action drama flick, Heropanti.
First TV Show
In May 2014, Tiger made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
Tiger has been working out since his school days, which has helped him build a solid foundation. He has taken years of training in martial arts, which has helped him attain his trademark flexibility and ability to perform jaw-dropping stunts. He still regularly goes for martial arts training.
Apart from martial arts, he is also very particular about his gym training. If there is a need, he doesn’t mind hitting the gym 6 days a week. He also mixes up his workout routine, according to his goals, to make sure that he is not stagnating.
He also includes boxing and sparring sessions in his fitness routine.
When it comes to diet, he makes sure that he eating a protein-rich diet. However, he allows himself to indulge on the cheat days. He can gobble up 10 scoops of ice cream on his cheat days. He also doesn’t drink alcohol and hasn’t even tasted it in any form.
Tiger Shroff Favorite Things
- Martial Arts Inspiration – Bruce Lee
- Dance Inspiration – Michael Jackson
- Superhero – Spiderman
- Ice Cream – Vanilla and chocolate
- Fashion Accessory – Sneakers
- Sneakers Brand – Converse
- Color – Black
Source – India Today, Miss Malini, GQ India
Tiger Shroff Facts
- He started preparing for an acting career while he was still studying in school. However, he didn’t take any formal acting training.
- To prepare for him for his role in Heropanti, the Sajid Nadiadwala production house got him into script workshops.
- He is reported to have assisted Aamir Khan in building his physique for his role in Dhoom 3.
- The reputed filmmaker Subash Ghai wanted to launch Shroff’s acting career with the remake of his father Jackie’s 1983 hit Hero. Tiger eventually decided against working in the project.
- After making his debut in the film industry, he decided to officially change his name to Tiger Shroff.
- In September 2009, he was offered an opportunity to play the lead role in the remake of the TV show, Fauji. The original TV series had helped launch superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s acting career.
- In July 2014, he was honored with an honorary fifth-degree black belt by the World Taekwondo Headquarters.
- While studying in school, he used to play soccer.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0