|Jacqueline Fernandez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1985|
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Jacqueline had traveled a lot. She had done schooling from Sacred Heart School, Bahrain. To complete graduation, she moved to Australia as she was awarded a scholarship to study at the University of Sydney, where she received her degree in Mass Communications.
To learn the Spanish language and improve her skills in French, and Arabic, Jacqueline enrolled herself in the Berlitz School of Languages. Finally, she returned to Sri Lanka to pursue her career in modeling and TV reporting.
Former model, and now actress
- Father – Elroy Fernansez (is Sri Lankan)
- Mother – Kim (is Malaysian)
- Siblings – She has 2 brothers and one older sister.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jacky dated –
- Shaikh Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa – Fernandez has dated a member of the Bahraini royal family, Shaikh Hassan. She had spent most of her time there during childhood, and so, was in a relationship during her olden days. Now, the relationship had transformed into a long-distance one, which was getting faded as Jacqueline was not getting time for her Bahraini love. So, they decided to call it quits in 2012.
- Sajid Khan (2011-2013) – Housefull 2 director, Sajid Khan started dating Jacky in 2011, when they were filming the movie in 2011 in London, England. The duo had been spotted at many places together. They went together to Ritesh Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza‘s marriage party. Sajid was becoming too possessive with her girlfriend; telling her which movies, she should do and which not. So, this relationship also saw an end in May 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Asian / Indian
- Beautiful frame
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
She may be wearing a shoe of size 7.
HTC One Phone (2013), Titan
Best Known For
Working in films such as Housefull 2: The Dirty Dozen, Murder 2, Race 2.
First Song Appearance
After winning the Miss Sri Lanka title in 2006, she got a chance to appear in the music video for Bathiya and Santhush.
This song was her breakthrough and she started receiving modeling offers from India.
First TV Show
She has hosted many television shows in Sri Lanka and India, has done TV reporting, and also has also done modeling assignments.
Jacky works out hard and she also hired Aishwarya Rai‘s personal trainer, Deepika Mehta to learn yoga and take her exercises and fitness to the next level. She revealed to Hindustan Times –
“I was also preparing for Race 2 then, and had to be physically fit for the action scenes in the movie. Training in yoga with Deepika helped me with my flexibility and stamina. I am continuing with her classes three times a week and training in an advanced form of Ashtang Yoga.”
Fernandez does yoga and visit dance classes three times a week and also goes to the gym once a week. She trains herself in Jazz ballet, another good form of workout.
Regarding her diet, she says that she eats three balanced meals in a day, which do consist of a lot of fish and nuts. She has grown up eating fish.
Jacqueline Fernandez Favorite Things
- Cuisine – French
- Drink – Water
- Movie – Gone with the Wind (1939)
- Book – The God of Small Things (By Arundhati Roy released in 1997)
Source – Rediff
Jacqueline Fernandez Facts
- She is a Sri Lankan actress and appears in Indian (or Bollywood / Hindi) films.
- She was thrown to fame when she won Miss Sri Lanka Universe in 2006.
- Jacqueline did not get any place at the Miss Universe 2006 held in Los Angeles.
- Jacqueline spent most of her childhood in Bahrain with three siblings and then shifted to Australia to do graduation. Finally, she returned back to Sri Lanka to pursue her career in modeling and also did acting, and television shows hosting and reporting.
- Frederica Jansz is her cousin, who is a Sri Lankan journalist and former editor of the newspaper The Sunday Leader.
- She hosted the IIFA Awards 2013.
- She is a great animal lover and supports the cause of PETA. She is also connected with Pratham for saving Sri Lankan Elephants.
- She first came to India in the form of a modeling contract in Mumbai. Subsequently, she received an offer to act in a film.
- She is a neat freak and cannot bear any dust on her bed, clothes, dishes, etc. She wants them all cleaned.
- She is Stardust’s Style Icon of the Year 2014.