|Athiya Shetty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1992|
|Boyfriend||K. L. Rahul|
Athiya Shetty is an Indian actress who is best known for her roles in films like Hero, Mubarakan, Nawabzaade, and Motichoor Chaknachoor. She has been featured on the cover of popular magazines like Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, Verve, and many more. Athiya has won numerous awards such as the Filmfare Glamour and Style Award, Producers Guild Film Awards, and International Indian Film Academy Awards.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Athiya went to the Cathedral and John Connon School in Mumbai. She later shifted to the American School of Bombay.
After completing her school education, she relocated to New York City and got admission at the New York Film Academy to polish her acting skills.
- Father – Suniel Shetty (Actor and Businessman)
- Mother – Mana Shetty (Director, fashion designer and creative director of interior decoration company)
- Siblings – Aahan Shetty (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Veerapa Shetty (Paternal Grandfather) (Hotelier and Businessman), Prema V. Shetty (Paternal Grandmother), Sujata R. Hedge (Paternal Aunt), Sumitha Tarun Pratap (Paternal Aunt)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Athiya Shetty has dated –
- Sooraj Pancholi (2015) – Athiya was reported to be going out with actor Sooraj Pancholi after working together in the movie, Hero. Their sizzling chemistry in the movie as well as at the movie promotion events further deepened suspicions of them being a couple.
- Arjun Kapoor (2016) – Athiya and actor Arjun Kapoor were reported to be the new couple in the industry in October 2016 after they were pictured kissing at a famous nightclub in Mumbai. Athiya and Arjun had known each other for quite a while as they have a common social circle. Also, Athiya is his sister Anshula’s friend. They were also pictured together at Punit Malhotra’s party. Mindful of the media glare, they had arrived separately at the party.
- Aditya Bhandari (2016) – In December 2016, some tabloids had reported that Athiya Shetty had broken up with her long-term boyfriend Aditya Bhandari. They had been in an on-and-off relationship for three years. Athiya was even reported to be present at Aditya’s older brother Kaviraj’s engagement in 2016.
- K. L. Rahul (2019-Present) – Athiya was rumored to be dating cricketer K. L. Rahul in 2019 after they pictured celebrating her birthday at a cafe alone. They made their relationship official by walking on the red carpet for the first time during the movie premiere of Athiya’s brother Ahan’s debut movie Tadap in November 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s side, she has Punjabi and Gujarati ancestry, while her father is a Tulu of the Bunt community.
- Fuller lips
- Tall height
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
In 2015, Athiya was made the brand ambassador of Maybelline New York for India region.
In February 2017, she revealed on Instagram that she was shooting for her TV commercial for an unidentified brand.
Best Known For
- Being the daughter of famous actor Sunil Shetty.
- Having played the role of lead actress in a Salman Khan produced movie, Hero (2015).
In 2015, she made her first film appearance in the role of Radha Mathur in a romantic action movie, Hero.
To prepare for her debut role, her trainer has asked her to do intense weightlifting sessions. As she was already performing intense dance sequences in the shooting, her trainer made her do minimal cardio. To support her heavy workout routine, she was eating 8 meals a day. She also drinks a lot of water.
By the end of 2016, Athiya made changes to her workout regime to take her fitness to the next level and to further tone up her curves. She started mixed martial arts training under the guidance of famous grandmaster Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj, who has served as a trainer for special armed force commando units for various wings of the Indian military. Her new workout routine has helped her relieve stress and focus better.
Athiya Shetty Favorite Things
- Idol – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan
- Lip Colors – Pink and Red
- Favorite Sunscreen – Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50+ Sunscreen
- Perfume – Narciso Rodriguez For Her
- Beauty Icons – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Kajol
- Cleansing Product – Maybelline Clean Express
- Lipsticks – Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow Lip Balm and Maybelline’s Color Sensational Vivid Matte Lipstick
- Dream Costar – Ranveer Singh
- Closet Staples – Boyfriend jeans, a T-shirt, and white keds
- Signature Beauty Statement – Clean makeup
- Evergreen Style Icon – Audrey Hepburn
- Outdoor Games – Football, Basketball
Athiya Shetty Facts
- Athiya realized that acting was her passion while hunting for colleges. She noticed that she was putting more consideration to the theater over academics, which led her to go all out for acting.
- The release date of her debut movie matched with a release date of her father’s first movie. 23 years earlier, Sunil Shetty’s Balwaan was released on September 11.
- For her debut role, she was discovered in a gym in Bandra by Salman Khan’s sister Alvira. They had zeroed on Sooraj Pancholi and were looking for a female lead.
- While studying at the American School of Bombay, she took part in plays along with future Bollywood stars Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor.
- In order to hone her dancing skills, Athiya has attended Remo D’souza‘s dance academy in the past.
- She was first inspired to pursue acting after watching Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on the sets of Umrao Jaan (2006).
- Athiya is an animal lover and has 5 pets.