|Madelaine Petsch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 18, 1994|
Madelaine Petsch is an American actress, producer, voiceover artist, social media sensation, and YouTuber who is best known for playing the role of Cheryl Blossom in Riverdale and Marissa in F the Prom. Moreover, she has also been cast in roles such as Mermaid in Instant Mom, Sloan in The Simpsons, Eliza in The Curse of Sleeping Beauty, Jane Bennet in Acting for a Cause, and Ellen Ashland in Sightless.
Madelaine Grobbelaar Petsch
Port Orchard, Washington, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Madelaine went to a public school. For her high school education, she decided to go to an arts high school, viz., Tacoma School of the Arts.
After high school graduation, she decided against going to college as she wanted to focus on her acting career.
Actress, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Social Media Sensation, YouTuber
- Siblings – Shaun Petsch (Brother)
Madelaine Petsch has been signed with –
- CESD Talent Agency
- Global Artists Agency
- Primary Wave Entertainment
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Madelaine Petsch has dated –
- Aaron Carter (2014-2016) – Madelaine Petsch was reported to be dating singer Aaron Carter in April 2014 after he wrote a loved-up note on Twitter for her and she, in reply, wrote ‘Love you, babe.’ The same month they made their first public appearance at the premiere of the movie, A Haunted House 2. Their relationship came to an end by 2016 as he started dating dancer Lee Karis.
- Travis Mills (2017-2020) – In January 2016, Madelaine met actor and musician Travis Mills via Facebook when he congratulated her on earning the role of Cheryl Blossom in Riverdale. They started dating later in early 2017. They dated for 3 years and split in early 2020.
- Miles Chamley-Watson (2021) – In 2021, she was rumored to be dating American fencer Miles Chamley-Watson after they were spotted together on several occasions.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Afrikaner descent.
- Natural red locks
- Round plump lips
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
In February 2017, she starred in a print advert for the animal rights organization, PETA. She wore a bok choy suit for the advert which was titled Turn Over a New Leaf—Go Vegan.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Cheryl Blossom in the comic book-inspired TV series, Riverdale, for which she won the 2017 Teen Choice Award and 2018 MTV Movie & TV Award
- Playing the role of Eliza in the fantasy thriller movie, The Curse of Sleeping Beauty (2016)
In 2015, Madelaine made her first film appearance in the sci-fi movie The Hive as Current Girl #2.
First TV Show
In 2015, she was seen in an episode of the comedy-drama series, Instant Mom as a mermaid.
Madelaine Petsch Favorite Things
- Lipstick – Baby Mauve from Urban Decay
- Contouring Product – Maybelline Facestudio Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick
- Sunscreen Product – EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
- Cleansing Product – Avène scent-free wash
- Moisturizer – Avène Skin Recovery Cream
- Highlighter – Josie Maran‘s Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Powder Veil
- Fiction Books – Harry Potter series
Madelaine Petsch Facts
- Madelaine was raised as a vegetarian. At the age of 14, she decided to go vegan and since then, she has claimed that milk and eggs were making her lethargic.
- When it comes to doing her lips even for her onscreen characters, she doesn’t trust the makeup artists and likes to do it on her own.
- When she was born, her father wanted to name her ‘Street.’ However, her mother wasn’t happy with it, so instead, she suggested that they put ‘Lane’ in her first name, which eventually evolved to Madelaine.
- When she was initially called in for Riverdale auditions, the casting director and producers wanted her for the role of Betty Cooper. However, about 4 months into the auditions, they switched her to Cheryl.
- She is afraid of open water bodies and ironically her first scene in Riverdale was in a glass-bottomed boat. She had a panic attack just before they shot the scene.
- She wanted to become an actress since the age of 3. By that time, her parents had put her in a dancing class.
- She started taking theater classes at the age of 5 and the first role she ever played in the theater was of magic carpet in Aladdin Jr. She had to do a lot of tap dancing for her role.
- Her family had moved to South Africa when she was 10 years old. When she was 18, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. She used to be bullied by her schoolmates for her red hair and South African accent.
- During her early struggling days in Los Angeles, she used to work at the Barista coffee joint to support herself financially.
- On June 20, 2017, she joined YouTube with her eponymous channel which has accumulated more than 7 million subscribers. In 2019, she was also nominated for a Shorty Award in the “Breakout YouTuber of the Year” category.
- She has dual citizenship of both the United States and South Africa.
- She appeared as Ellen Ashland in the 2020 psychological thriller film, Sightless.
- In May 2020, she provided vocals to the character of Sloan in an episode titled The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds of the popular animated sitcom, The Simpsons.
- For Halloween 2020, Madelaine dressed as Blossom of the Powerpuff Girls.
- In 2020, along with Lili Reinhart and Camila Mendes, she started a joint TikTok account named Lamila Petschart with the handle @blondebrunetteredhead.
- Madelaine won the ‘Favorite Post for Animals’ award at the PETA’s 2020 Libby Awards.
- She has a dog named Olive.
- In 2020, after her breakup with Travis Mills and in the pandemic lockdown, she suffered from mental health issues for approx 5 months. Her mental health was at an all-time low.