Miami, Florida, United States
Camila Mendes got enrolled at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts to hone her acting skills and graduated from the school in 2016 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
For two semesters, she also attended Stonestreet Film Acting Conservatory at Tisch.
- Siblings – Kiara Moreno (Sister)
Camila Mendes is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
She was earlier signed up with Carson Kolker Organization.
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Camila Mendes has dated
- Ian Wallace (2013-2016) – Camila started dating budding director Ian Wallace in September 2013. She opened up about their relationship on the eve of their relationship anniversary in 2016 in an Instagram post, professing her unconditional love for her boyfriend and thanking him for inspiring her. They separated in 2016.
- Victor Houston (2018) – From June to August 2018, she was romantically linked with Victor Houston. It all started with flirty social media posts. The relationship was ended by Mendes.
- Charles Melton (2018-2019) – In September 2018, actors Camila and Charles Melton started dating. They made their relationship public in October 2018 when Camila posted a picture of themselves kissing on Instagram. Charles fondly called her ‘Baby Dragon’. In early 2019, the couple called it quits owing to their busy work schedule.
Race / Ethnicity
Her parents are of Brazilian descent.
To look suitable for the role of Veronica Lodge in Riverdale, she had to dye her hair in a darker shade.
- Short stature
- Raised eyebrows
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
It is believed to be 6 (US) or 36.5 (EU).
Camila’s very first job after her college graduation was to appear in a TV advert for the furniture brand, Ikea.
Best Known For
Being cast in the role of Veronica Lodge in The CW drama series, Riverdale, which is an adaptation of the Archie comics.
First TV Show
In 2016, she made her TV show debut in the role of Veronica Lodge on The CW series Riverdale.
Camila Mendes Favorite Things
- Role Models – Blair Waldorf (Played by Leighton Meester) and Summer Roberts (Played by Rachel Bilson)
- TV Shows – Gossip Girls (2007-2012) and The O.C. (2003-2007)
Source – Glamour
Camila Mendes Facts
- She initially wasn’t interested in the role of Veronica as she felt they would be looking for white pin-up girl. But after learning that they were looking for a Latina for the role, she immediately called her agent to get her in the audition.
- When she got the audition for her role in Riverdale, she was literally the last person they were going to see on the last day of the auditions. And, her agent had told her about the auditions just a day before.
- She had to spend the whole winter break over agonizing whether she will get the role or not. For the final leg of the audition for Veronica, she had to give extensive screen tests with four other girls competing for her role.
- Before she got her debut role in Riverdale, she had auditioned unsuccessfully for various roles for a year. Apparently, the problem was that she wasn’t as Latina as the roles demanded.
- When she was 10 years old, she spent a year in Brazil with her parents.
- Along with English, she can fluently converse in Portuguese.
- She has struggled with bulimia starting from her time in high school.
- She looks up to Rihanna for body positivity.
- Catch Camila on Instagram and Twitter.