|Camila Mendes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 29, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Camila Mendes is an American actress, voiceover artist, and singer who has gained acclaim by playing a variety of roles in shows and movies which include Veronica Lodge in Riverdale, Tessa Rose in The Simpsons, Shelby Pace in The Perfect Date, Katie Franklin in Dangerous Lies, Tala in Palm Springs, Morgan in The New Romantic, and Grace in Day by Day.
Camila Carraro Mendes
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Camila Mendes got enrolled at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts to hone her acting skills and graduated from the school in 2016 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
For two semesters, she also attended Stonestreet Film Acting Conservatory at Tisch. She has also studied at American Heritage School.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Singer
- Father – Victor Mendes
- Mother – Gisele Carraro
- Sibling – Kiara Moreno (Sister)
- Others – Dalu (Paternal Grandfather), Nelson Bauce Carraro (Maternal Grandfather), Léa Mariza Maia (Maternal Grandmother)
Camila Mendes has been signed to –
- Creative Artists Agency
- Carson Kolker Organization
- Luber Roklin Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Camila Mendes has dated –
- Ian Wallace (2013-2016) – Camila started dating budding director Ian Wallace in September 2013. She opened up about their relationship on the eve of their relationship anniversary in 2016 in an Instagram post, professing her unconditional love for her boyfriend and thanking him for inspiring her. They separated in 2016.
- Victor Houston (2018) – From June to August 2018, she was romantically linked with Victor Houston. It all started with flirty social media posts. The relationship was ended by Mendes.
- Charles Melton (2018-2019, 2021-Present) – In September 2018, actors Camila and Charles Melton started dating. They made their relationship public in October 2018 when Camila posted a picture of themselves kissing on Instagram. Charles fondly called her ‘Baby Dragon’. In early 2019, the couple called it quits owing to their busy work schedule. In June 2021, they had sparked dating rumors once again.
- Grayson Vaughan (2020-2021) – In September 2020, Camila made her relationship with the photographer and former model, Grayson Vaughan Instagram official. Camila had started liking the pictures of Grayson’s Instagram feed in February 2020. In February 2021, the couple secretly broke up.
Race / Ethnicity
Her parents are of Brazilian descent.
To look suitable for the role of Veronica Lodge in Riverdale, she had to dye her hair in a darker shade.
- Short stature
- Raised eyebrows
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
It is believed to be 6 (US) or 36.5 (EU).
Camila’s very first job after her college graduation was to appear in a TV advert for the furniture brand, Ikea.
Best Known For
Being cast in the role of Veronica Lodge in The CW drama series, Riverdale, which is an adaptation of the Archie comics. For this role, she bagged the 2017 Teen Choice Award for “Choice Scene Stealer” and was also nominated for the People’s Choice Award for “Female TV Star of 2018”, 2018 Teen Choice Awards for “Choice TV Actress Drama” and “Choice TV Ship” (with KJ Apa), and 2019 Teen Choice Award for “Choice Drama TV Actress”.
First TV Show
In 2016, she made her TV show debut in the role of Veronica Lodge on The CW series Riverdale.
In 2018, she made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the character named Morgan Cruise in the Canadian romantic comedy-drama film, The New Romantic, in which she co-starred alongside Jessica Barden, Hayley Law, Brett Dier, Avan Jogia, and Timm Sharp.
Camila Mendes Favorite Things
- Role Models – Blair Waldorf (Played by Leighton Meester) and Summer Roberts (Played by Rachel Bilson)
- TV Shows – Gossip Girls (2007-2012) and The O.C. (2003-2007)
Source – Glamour
Camila Mendes Facts
- She initially wasn’t interested in the role of Veronica as she felt they would be looking for a white pin-up girl but after learning that they were looking for a Latina for the role, she immediately called her agent to get her in the audition.
- When she got the audition for her role in Riverdale, she was literally the last person they were going to see on the last day of the auditions. And, her agent had told her about the auditions just a day before.
- She had to spend the whole winter break over agonizing whether she will get the role or not. For the final leg of the audition for Veronica, she had to give extensive screen tests with four other girls competing for her role.
- Before she got her debut role in Riverdale, she had auditioned unsuccessfully for various roles for a year. Apparently, the problem was that she wasn’t as Latina as the roles demanded.
- When she was 10 years old, she spent a year in Brazil with her parents.
- Along with English, she can fluently converse in Portuguese.
- She has struggled with bulimia starting from her time in high school.
- She looks up to Rihanna for body positivity.
- She has struggled with Bulimia.
- In May 2020, she provided vocals to the character of Tessa Rose in an episode titled The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds of the popular animated sitcom, The Simpsons.
- She has been friends with singer-songwriter Maggie Rogers.
- For Halloween 2020, Camila dressed up as Buttercup of the Powerpuff Girls.
- Camila was included in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list in the “Hollywood & Entertainment” category.
- Along with Lili Reinhart and Madelaine Petsch, Camila started a joint TikTok account in 2020 named Lamila Petschart with the handle @blondebrunetteredhead.
- She has a dog named Truffle.
- Camila has graced the cover of Health magazine’s April 2021 issue.
- She has had panic attacks when she started shooting season 5 of Riverdale.