|Miles Chamley-Watson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1989|
Miles Chamley-Watson is an England-born American fencer whose meteoric rise in the sport has coincided with the upswing of American fencing, which has gone from a mere contender to genuine world power after the 2010s. He had won a ‘Gold’ medal in the individual event at the 2013 Budapest World Championships. In team events, he has won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2019 Budapest World Championships; the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2013 Budapest World Championships, the 2017 Leipzig World Championships, and the 2018 Wuxi World Championships; and the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
Miles Cleveland Chamley-Watson
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
New York City, New York, United States
He holds dual nationality.
Miles had attended The Knox School in Saint James, New York. His parents had also enrolled him in the Quest Program for Learning Support at the Dwight School, an independent college preparatory school in Manhattan, New York City, which helps students with learning differences meet the demands of the rigorous regular curriculum.
In 2008, he had earned a full scholarship to the Pennsylvania State University. He had graduated from there in 2013 with a degree in sports management.
- Father – Colin Oerton
- Mother – Elizabeth Chamley-Oerton (Former Track Athlete in Malawi)
- Siblings – Santorri (Sister), Sydney (Sister)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Miles has dated –
- Madelaine Petsch (2021) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of Jamaican, Irish, English, and Malawian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair silver or blonde.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has both his hands, upper chest, and entire back covered in elaborate tattoos
Miles Chamley-Watson Favorite Things
- Sports – Fencing, Soccer, Basketball
- Hobbies/Interests – Modeling, Shopping, Listening to Music, Reading, Photography
- Sporting Idol – David Beckham
Miles Chamley-Watson Facts
- Born in London, Miles had moved with his family to New York City at the age of 8. 4 years later, the family had relocated to Philadelphia. He had returned to New York when he was 21 and had eventually settled down there.
- He had first tried his hand at the sport of fencing in an after-school program in New York when he was 10 years old. A year later, he had participated in his first fencing competition, and by the time he had turned 15, he was seriously considering a career in the sport.
- Among the several tattoos that cover almost his entire upper torso, there is one with the word ‘Risk’ on his hand. One of his pre-match rituals involves looking at that particular tattoo for inspiration.
- When he won the ‘Gold’ medal in the individual event at the 2013 Budapest World Championships, he had become the first male US fencer to win an individual ‘Gold’ medal at the World Championships.
- He has a fencing technique named after him. ‘The Chamley-Watson’ came into existence at the 2009 World Championships in Antalya, Turkey, when he had wrapped his arm around the back of his head to attack one of his opponents.
Featured Image by Miles Chamley-Watson / Instagram