|Ravindra Jadeja Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 6, 1988|
Ravindra Jadeja is an Indian international cricketer. He is best known for being an all-rounder, who serves as a left-handed batsman and slow left-arm bowler for the Indian international team. Besides international cricket, he is also a member of the team Saurashtra in first-class cricket and represents the Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League.
Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja
Jamnagar, Gujarat, India
Jamnagar, Gujarat, India
Indian International Cricketer
- Father – Anirudhsinh Jadeja (Watchman)
- Mother – Lata Jadeja
- Siblings – Naina Jadeja (Sister), Padmini Jadeja (Sister)
Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ravindra has dated –
- Reeva Solanki (2016-Present) – Ravindra Jadeja got married to Reeva Solanki on April 17, 2016. She joined the Indian political party BJP in April 2019. Together, they are proud parents to a daughter born in June 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Heavy beard
- Wears a cap most of the time
Ravindra has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Gujarat Tourism
- Incredible India
- Life OK
Best Known For
Being an Indian international cricketer and representing Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League
Ravinder played his first ODI match on February 8, 2009, against Sri Lanka.
Ravinder made his appearance in T20 on February 10, 2009, against Sri Lanka.
Ravinder made his Test match debut on December 13, 2012, against England.
Ravindra keeps himself in shape by training hard. As he is part of the Indian International team, he has to maintain a fitness regimen. Some of the workouts that he carries out include speed development training, box jumps, side touches, maximizing aerobic velocity, and wide to narrow squat jumps.
Ravindra Jadeja Facts
- When he was younger, his father wanted him to be an army person.
- He was interested in cricket but was scared of his father.
- In 2005, his mother passed away in an accident that traumatized him so much that he wanted to quit cricket.
- In 2005, he made his Under-19 debut for India at the age of 16 and was again picked in the Indian squad for the 2006 Under-19 Cricket World Cup in Sri Lanka.
- He impressed everyone in the final of the 2006 Under-19 Cricket World Cup against Pakistan where he took 3 wickets and India ended up being the runners-up.
- Ravindra was made the vice-captain of the Indian team in the 2008 U/19 Cricket World Cup where he took a total of 10 wickets in 6 games at an average of 13 and India emerged victoriously.
- In 2008, he was part of the Indian U-19 cricket team that went on to win the World Cup in Malaysia and the team was led by the Indian Captain Virat Kohli.
- On February 8, 2009, Ravindra played his first ODI match against Sri Lanka and made 60 runs on 77 balls in that match.
- It took him 4 years after his ODI debut to make his test debut which was on December 13, 2012, against England at Nagpur.
- In 2012, Chennai Super Kings bought him for $2 million at the IPL Players Auction.
- Later in 2016, when Chennai Super Kings got banned from the IPL for 2 seasons, Gujarat Lions paid ₹9.5 crores for him in the IPL Players Auction.
- On January 22, 2017, he set a record when he became the first-ever Indian left-arm spinner to take 150 wickets in One Day International. To set this record, he took the wicket of Sam Billings at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
- In March 2017, Ravindra was named the top-ranked bowler in the world, beating Ravichandran Ashwin who had been in that position for so long.
- In June 2021, Jadeja had climbed to the #1 position in ICC’s All-Rounders Test rankings.
- In March 2022, Jadeja made a record of scoring the highest-ever Test score by an Indian, batting at #7. He had scored 175*(228) in the first innings in the first Test match against Sri Lanka in Mohali, Punjab, India.
- In March 2022, Jadeja became the #1 all-rounder in Test cricket after ICC released its latest rankings. He had achieved this feat after he had taken 9 wickets and scored 175* in 228 deliveries against Sri Lanka in Mohali, Punjab, India.
- During IPL 2022, he got to captain the IPL team Chennai Super Kings after MS Dhoni stepped down from the captaincy position. He played 8 matches as captain out of which his team won only 2. After that, he handed over the captaincy to MS Dhoni again.
- In the middle of Asia Cup 2022, Ravindra Jadeja was ruled out of the remaining tournament matches due to a right knee injury. He was replaced by Axar Patel.
- Jadeja underwent knee surgery in September 2022. Because he was still recovering, he also missed T20 World Cup 2022.
Featured Image by Ravindra Jadeja / Instagram