|Mohammed Siraj Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mohammed Siraj is an Indian cricketer who is best known for his involvement with the Indian national cricket team. Besides that, he is a notable contributor to the Hyderabad cricket team and the Royal Challengers Bangalore of the Indian Premier League. Siraj has also managed to garner himself a huge fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram.
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Father – Mohammed Ghaus (Former Auto-Rickshaw Driver)
- Mother – Shabana Begum (Housemaker)
- Siblings – Mohammed Ismail (Brother) (Former Software Engineer, Manager)
Siraj is represented by his brother Mohammed Ismail.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and lean physique
- Sports a box-shaped beard
Mohammed Siraj Favorite Things
- Food – Food
Source – CricTracker.com
Mohammed Siraj Facts
- He was brought up in Hyderabad alongside his brother Ismail in a lower-middle-class family.
- Siraj found his passion for the sport at a very young age and would practice during matches with a tennis ball as he did not have the privilege of being trained by a coach.
- His father used to ride an auto-rickshaw in the past to support his family financially. Whereas, his mother is a homemaker.
- Siraj’s brother Ismail who worked in an IT firm in the past changed his job in 2017, to become his brother’s manager.
- On November 15, 2015, he played his debut first-class game for the Hyderabad cricket team at the “2015–16 Ranji Trophy” tournament.
- He was obsessed with biryani until he stopped consuming it in 2019, in order to be able to work on his fitness and pace.
- It was his friends who advised him to try his luck as a cricketer professionally. Later, he joined the “Charminar Cricket Club,” where he had begun as a batsman and transitioned into a fast bowler after a while.
- It was his uncle who paid him his first earning after he managed to bag 9 wickets in a match. It was an amount of INR 500. In 2020, he was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore for INR 2.6 crore.
- He was not at all interested in his studies while in school and would get a trashing up from his mother for that matter. Despite that, as he has grown older, he considers education to be an important part of a child’s future.
- In 2021, after getting impressed by his performance in the India-Australia test series, the chairman of Mahindra & Mahindra group, Mr. Anand Mahindra gifted him a Mahindra Thar car.
- In January 2023, Siraj became the world’s #1 bowler in ODIs with 729 rating points.
- As per the list released in March 2023, Siraj was included in BCCI’s Grade B which was a 3-crore annual contract list for the 2022-2023 season.
- In 2023, Siraj bought a new house in Film Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad for himself and his family.
- In September 2023, during the Asia Cup final against Sri Lanka, he took 4 wickets in an over and hence became the first Indian cricketer to take 4 wickets in an over in international cricket history.
- In the same match, he also equaled former Sri Lankan fast bowler Chaminda Vaas’ record regarding the fastest 5-wicket haul in ODI cricket history. He took 16 balls to make the record. He also reached 50 wickets in ODI cricket in the same Asia Cup 2023 final match.
- In September 2023, Siraj became the world’s #1 ODI bowler by moving 8 positions. Before this, in March 2023 also, he had attained #1 position in ODI format.
Featured Image By Mohammed Siraj / Instagram