|Anand Mahindra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1955|
Anand Mahindra is an Indian billionaire businessman and the 3rd generation scion of the Mahindra clan who rose to fame after becoming the chairman of the Mahindra & Mahindra conglomerate. He is the recipient of the Padma Bhushan Award in January 2020. He was ranked at #88 on the list of “India’s Richest” in 2019 and declared to have $1.2 billion of net worth in April 2020 by the Forbes magazine.
Anand Gopal Mahindra
Mumbai, Bombay State, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He attended Lawrence School in Lovedale and then studied Film making and Architecture at Harvard University, graduating magna cum laude in 1977. In 1981, he acquired an MBA degree from the Harvard Business School.
- Father – Harish Mahindra (Industrialist)
- Mother – Indira Mahindra
- Siblings – Anuja Sharma (Sister), Radhika Nath (Sister)
- Others – Jagdish Chandra Mahindra (Grandfather) (Co-founder of Mahindra & Mahindra)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Anuradha – He tied the knot with the journalist and editor Anuradha. They have 2 daughters named Divya and Aalika.
Race / Ethnicity
Due to his advancing age, his hair has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Sturdy stature
Anand Mahindra Favorite Things
- Commercial – Google’s Loretta for the Super Bowl 2020, after viewing which Mahindra had tweeted that the poignant advertisement had made him cry
- Interests – Photography, World cinema
- Hobbies – Listening to the Blues, Sailing, Reading, Playing tennis
Anand Mahindra Facts
- In 1996, he founded Nanhi Kali that is a non-government organization striving to support education for underprivileged girls in India.
- Mahindra is familiar with the Tamil language as his school was in Lovedale that was located in Ooty in Tamil Nadu.
- He has been among the handful of businessmen who have quickly adapted to social media and as of April 2020, his Twitter handle has more than 7.5 million followers. He was ranked 3rd in the WorldofCEOs.com list of the “Top 30 CEOs on Social Media” in 2013.
- Mr. Anand gifted various Indian cricketers Mahindra Thar as a goodwill gesture by getting impressed by their performance in the India-Australia test series in 2021. The cricketers such as T Natarajan, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Washington Sundar, Shubman Gill, and Navdeep Saini received the cars.
- In his childhood days, Mr. Anand used to hitchhike on trucks from Mumbai to Pune.
Featured Image by Nikitamnm / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0