|Irfan Pathan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1984|
Irfan Pathan is an Indian all-rounder cricket player who has made major contributions as a bowler for India in all formats of the game. He was considered to be one of the key players for India in the 2007 ICC T20 World Cup. Pathan has been described as the “Blue-Eyed Boy” of Indian cricket. Due to his all-round performance as a bowler and batsman, people started comparing him to the legendary Kapil Dev and also rose to No. 2 in the ICC’s ODI rankings for all-rounders.
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Father – Mehmood Khan (Muezzin)
- Mother – Samimbanu Pathan
- Siblings – Yusuf Pathan (Older Brother) (Cricketer)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Irfan has dated –
- Shivangi Dev (2002-2012)
- Anusha Dandekar
- Safa Baig (2016-present) – Irfan and Safa tied the knot in 2016 and they have a son together.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Pathan ancestry.
- Tall Height
- Broad Nose
He has endorsed brands such as –
- Yuva Unstoppable
- Oppo F7
Irfan Pathan Favorite Things
- Food – Biryani
- Actor – Ranbir Kapoor
- Movie – Hera Pheri
- Singer – Sonu Nigam, Lucky Ali
- Holiday Destination – Greece and Australia
Irfan Pathan Facts
- When he made his debut, he was considered to be the next big thing of Indian cricket.
- He made his debut at the age of 19 in the India-Australia tour which India won after 23 years in 2003.
- In Karachi, he took a hat-trick against Pakistan in the 3rd test in 2006.
- He was the ICC “Emerging Player of the Year” in 2004.
- He became the man of the match in the first T20 world cup against Pakistan in the finals.
- Irfan grew up in a mosque.
- He has a cricket academy in Baroda named Cricket Academy of Pathans that is run by him and his brother.
- His bowling action is inspired by Wasim Akram.
- His family’s financial condition was not good during his childhood, hence, he always got a 2nd hand training kit.
- He holds the world records for 1000 runs as well as 100 wickets in the shortest span of time.
- He was the fastest Indian to reach 100 ODI wickets.
- During his entire career, Irfan has faced a lot of injuries which often made him sit on the bench and not play the matches.
- Irfan Pathan believes in charity and runs a charitable organization along with his brother called Mahmood Pathan Charitable Trust.
- He appeared on the reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2015. He walked out of the reality show due to his commitment to the upcoming Ranji Trophy in 2015.
- Irfan has also played county cricket and played for the Middlesex in 2005.
- He started his IPL career with Kings XI Punjab in 2008.
- Irfan played his last test match in April 2008 against South Africa.
- He made his T20 debut in 2006 against South Africa and played his last T20 match in 2012 against South Africa.
- His first domestic match was against Bengal in March 2001.
- It was due to his all-round performance that India won the T20 and ODI series in Sri Lanka where Irfan took a 5 wicket haul.
- In the IPL, he has played for teams like Kings XI Punjab, Delhi Daredevils, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Chennai Super Kings, Rising Pune Supergiants, and Gujarat Lions.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0