|Jozy Altidore Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1989|
Jozy Altidore is a professional American soccer player who is best known for his quick movement and physically powerful strike. He is a forward player for the Toronto FC and United States national team. According to sources, his net worth was estimated to be $ 8 million. On the contrary, Jozy is also noted for his philanthropy which has earned him the respect of more than 1 million followers on Twitter, more than 400k followers on Instagram, and more than 300k followers on Facebook.
Josmer Volmy Altidore
Dozy Anti-Score, Jozy
Livingston, New Jersey, United States
He trained with the under-17 national team at IMG Academy in Bradenton.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Joseph Altidore
- Mother – Giselle Altidore
- Siblings – Janak Altidore (Older Brother), Sadia (Older Sister), Lindsay (Older Sister)
Jozy is represented by Gertjan Verbeek.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jozy has dated –
- Sloane Stephens (2016-Present) – Sloane and Jozy met one another for the first time when they were in grade 5 together. Jozy would bully her and even dumped her in the trash can once. She is step-mother to Jozy’s son Cameron Altidore (b. 2015). They got engaged in April 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Haitian heritage.
- He wears a wrist band with the flags of Haiti and the United States while playing.
- Shaved head
- Lean muscular physique
He has appeared in commercials for various brands such as Addidas.
Jozy Altidore Favorite Things
- Sport – Soccer, Basketball
- Soccer Team – Barcelona
- Soccer Player Of All-Time – Thierry Henry
- City In The United States – Houston
- Movies – Man on Fire (2004), Blood Diamond (2006), Freedom Riders (2010).
- Female Celebrity – Paula DeAnda
Source – The New York Times
Jozy Altidore Facts
- He was brought up in Boca Raton, Florida alongside his 4 older siblings.
- His passion for the sport developed at an early age. This led to an early start in his career, playing for various clubs including Boca Raton Juniors Soccer Club and Schulz Academy.
- Jozy played first professional football game as a member of the New York Red Bulls previously known as “MetroStars” at the age of 17 in 2006.
- In the past, he was one of many celebrities that joined “Wyclef Jean”‘s charity organization in a six-day service mission to Haiti.
- In 2007, he was named as a candidate for ESPN‘s Next Award.
- He began an eponymous foundation in 2011 to support and aid underprivileged children across the globe.
- To honor the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting which took place on December 14, 2012, Jozy wrote the names of all the victims on the studs that he wore to the match against Football Club Twente on December 21, 2012.
- He was raised a Jehovah’s Witness.
- Jozy played on the US men’s national team at the 2010 and 2014 World Cup.
- As of 2018, he was said to have been the third-highest goal scorer in the history of the national team.
Featured Image By Diego Valenzuela / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0