Plantation, Florida, U.S.
Coral Springs, Florida, U.S.
Instead of going to a local high school, Sloane chose to get home schooled. She graduated in 2011.
Professional Tennis Player
Right-handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – John Stephens (Former Professional American Football Player) (Died in a car accident on September 1, 2009)
- Mother – Sybil Smith (Former Swimmer at Boston University) (First Afro-American female to be selected in the First Team All-American in Division I)
- Siblings – Shawn Farrell (Younger Brother)
Sloane is signed with WME-IMG
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
61 kg or 134½ lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sloane Stephens dated –
- Jack Sock – In the past, Sloane was in a brief relationship with American professional tennis player Jack Sock.
Race / Ethnicity
- Shiny smile
- Muscular body
34-24-33 in or 86-61-84 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
Her shoe size is unknown.
Sloane has been sponsored by Under Armour, Rolex, USANA Health, and HEAD.
Best Known For
Reaching the 2013 Australian Open semifinal after in the quarterfinals, she managed to beat her fellow Serena Williams.
Stephens has not acted in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches itself, Sloane has not appeared in any other TV show.
First Professional Tennis Match
She played her first professional match on the ITF Circuit in 2007.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Stephens won her first WTA title during the 2015 Citi Open, a tournament held in Washington D.C., United States.
You can check Sloane’s most recent titles on WTA Tennis.
Stephens has been training with –
- Nick Saviano
- Paul Annacone (2013-2014)
- Thomas Hogstedt
- Kamau Murray
Stephens who has a very muscular body for a female athlete often posts videos of her training on her Instagram profile in which she demonstrates various exercises using either weights or her own bodyweight. To our surprise, Stephens not only looks stunning but is also able to do a one-armed pushup and weighted pull-ups which require huge amount of strength especially for a female athlete. Sloane is definitely one of the most prepared tennis female athletes in the world. To see Stephens’s training videos check her @ Instagram.
Sloane Stephens Favorite Things
- Surface – Clay
- Snacks on the Road – Check on sloanestephens.com
Source – WTA Tennis
Sloane Stephens Facts
- She began playing tennis when he was 9. Sloane trained with Sierra Sport and Racquet Club in Fresno, California.
- Stephens was first introduced to tennis by her mother and stepfather.
- Sloane’s father John died right before the start of US Open. She then went to her father’s burial in Louisiana.
- Her brother Shawn has played football and baseball for Notre Dame High School in Los Angeles, California.
- At the age of 11, Stephens shifted to Boca Raton, Florida and started training at the Evert Tennis Academy.
- When Stephens was 12, she joined to Nick Saviano High-Performance Tennis Academy.
- During her training sessions at the USTA training center in Carson, California, Sloane used to switch her stay between Florida and Los Angeles.
- Sloane’s main inspiration for tennis came from Kim Clijsters, Serena Williams, and Venus Williams.
- She once stated that her grandfather was very influential in her younger days.
- She achieved 18 of 20 net points in a match against Serena Williams at the 2013 Australian Open.
- Visit her official website @ sloanestephens.com.
- Follow Stephens on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.