|Adnan Sami Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adnan Sami is an Indian singer, musician, songwriter, performer, music composer, actor, television presenter, and pianist who has been credited as “the first musician to have played the santoor and Indian classical music on the piano”. Having performed both Indian and Western music, he has been called the “Sultan of Music” by The Times of India. His discography consists of albums like Kabhi To Nazar Milao, Raag Time, Sargam, Tera Chehra, and Ek Ladki Deewani Si. Sami has also received many accolades including the Padma Shri (India’s 4th highest civilian award), Nigar Award, the UK Asian Music Award, the Bolan Academy Award, and the Graduate Award.
Adnan Sami Khan
London, England, United Kingdom
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Adnan Sami studied at Rugby School in Rugby, West Midlands, England. After graduating with a bachelor’s degree, he finished a law degree (LLB) from King’s College London. Subsequently, he qualified as a barrister from Lincoln’s Inn, England.
He also took lessons in Indian classical music from the santoor maestro Pandit Shivkumar Sharma.
Singer, Musician, Songwriter, Performer, Music Composer, Actor, Television Presenter, Pianist
- Father – Arshad Sami Khan (January 8, 1942 – June 22, 2009) (Pakistani Diplomat, Civil Servant, Fighter Pilot, Senior Bureaucrat, Served as Pakistan’s ambassador to 14 countries) (Died of pancreatic cancer)
- Mother – Naureen Sami Khan
- Siblings – Junaid Sami (Brother)
- Others – Abdul Sami Khan (Paternal Grandfather) (Served as the Deputy Inspector General of Police), General Mehfooz Jan (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Hailed from Herat, Afghanistan and was the governor of 4 provinces in Afghanistan (namely Herat, Kabul, Jalalabad, and Balkh) under the Reign of King Amanullah Khan), General Ahmed Jan (Paternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (Civil and military adviser as well as the physician to King Ameer Abdur Rahman Khan)
Classical, Jazz, Pop Rock, Fusion
Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Accordion, Saxophone, Violin, Drums, Bongos, Congas, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Tabla, Dholak, Harmonium, Harpsichord, Santoor, Sitar, Sarod, Percussion
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $50 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adnan Sami has dated –
- Zeba Bakhtiar (1993-1996) – He married actor and director Zeba Bakhtiar in 1993 and they have a son named Azaan Sami Khan. The duo divorced in 1996.
- Sabah Galadari (2001-2003) (2008-2009) – Adnan Sami married his 2nd wife, a Dubai-based Arab named Sabah Galadari, in 2001. The marriage ended in divorce soon after in 2003. They remarried in 2008 only to divorce again the following year.
- Roya Sami Khan (2010-Present) – Sami married Roya Sami Khan (the daughter of a retired diplomat and army general) on January 29, 2010. The couple was blessed with a daughter named Medina Sami Khan on May 10, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Adnan Sami is of Pakistani Pashtun descent on his father’s side and has Indian roots on his mother’s side.
Adnan Sami has done endorsement work for brands such as Pepsi.
Adnan Sami Facts
- His family migrated to Peshawar (then in British India) after the assassination of his paternal great-grandfather Agha Mehfooz Jan.
- He spent his childhood years growing up in the United Kingdom.
- Adnan Sami was 10 years old when singer Asha Bhosle saw him at an R. D. Burman concert in London and encouraged him to pursue a career in music.
- He used to perform on the piano on a TV program in Stockholm during his teen years and was described by the U.S.-based Keyboard magazine as the fastest man on the keyboard in the world and the keyboard discovery of the nineties.
- Sami was very close to his father and described his death as the “biggest blow” of his life.
Featured Image by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India / pibphoto.nic.in / Government Open Data License – India (GODL)