|Harbhajan Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1980|
Harbhajan Singh is an Indian cricketer who has played all formats of cricket for India and became the second off-spinner with the highest number of Test wickets, behind Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan. He has also served as the captain of the IPL team Mumbai Indians and the team won the 2011 Champions League Twenty20 under his captaincy. Moreover, he was honored with the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honor, and was also in the World Cup-winning team of the 2011 Cricket World Cup. Over the years, Bhajji has been a part of several controversies and he was given a ban by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for racially vilifying Andrew Symonds in 2008.
Harbhajan Singh Plaha
Bhajji, The Turbanator, Bhajju Pa
Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Harbhajan Singh has received his training from coaches including Charanjit Singh Bhullar and Davinder Arora.
Cricketer, TV Personality, Actor
- Father – Sardar Sardev Singh Plaha (Businessman, Owned a ball bearing and valve factory)
- Mother – Avtar Kaur
- Siblings – He has 5 sisters.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harbhajan Singh has dated –
- Geeta Basra (2015-Present) – On October 29, 2015, he got married to actress Geeta Basra in Jalandhar and the duo has been blessed with a daughter, named Hinaya Heer Plaha, born on July 27, 2016, in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Race / Ethnicity
Harbhajan Singh is of Punjabi descent.
- Wears a turban
- Ball control and ability to vary his length and pace
Harbhajan Singh has done endorsement work for brands like Royal Stag.
Harbhajan Singh Facts
- His father supported his passion for cricket and although Harbhajan was in line to inherit the family business, his father insisted that he concentrate on his cricket career and represent India.
- Harbhajan Singh is the third-highest Test wicket-taker among all Indians.
- He has been particularly successful against Australian batsman Ricky Ponting.
- In 2004, he made a cameo appearance in the Hindi-language romantic comedy film, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, starring Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, and Priyanka Chopra.
- In the 2008 Indian Premier League (IPL) match between Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab at Mohali in April 2008, Harbhajan Singh slapped Kerala paceman and Indian teammate Sreesanth while the teams were shaking hands.
- He appeared as a police officer in the 2015 romantic comedy film titled Second Hand Husband.
- Harbhajan Singh made a special appearance in the 2013 Punjabi-language comedy film, Bhaji in Problem.
- He has been appointed as an Officer in the Punjab Police and has held the rank of Superintendent of Police (India), reporting to Punjab Police HQ at Barnala.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0